Fiat “Open door” warning on our new Coachbuilt MH (1 Viewer)

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
We have recently bought a new Adria Matrix coachbuilt MH and are now getting a dashboard warning that there is an open door.

When this first occurred, we stopped and checked the two cab doors and the hab door, but they were all closed properly. The warning now comes on very frequently and while very annoying, doesn’t prevent the doors being locked when the van is stationary.

The chassis is a series 9 with auto gear box.

Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
The hab door is the one that needs a good hard slam on our Adria otherwise the open door light can occasionally be illuminated.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
The hab door is the one that needs a good hard slam on our Adria otherwise the open door light can occasionally be illuminated.
Interesting. I’ll try that. Our hab door closes very easily, but maybe it needs to be slammed.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Does it have remote central locking? Does it still work when it thinks the door is open?

For me, a spring in the lock wasn't hitting a bit of the mechanism, so it wasn't contacting the switch that detected whether the door. I bent the spring back and it's been fine for the past couple of years.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
Does it have remote central locking? Does it still work when it thinks the door is open?

For me, a spring in the lock wasn't hitting a bit of the mechanism, so it wasn't contacting the switch that detected whether the door. I bent the spring back and it's been fine for the past couple of years.
It does have central locking, but as the open door warning only displays when the van is moving, I cannot check it.

However, I will look at the lock mechanism to see if it is making contact with a switch.

This sounds like a very plausible solution as the warning comes on when going over bumps, as well as just randomly. Thank you!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
You need a good old woosh bang door 🙃
Ha ha. We’ve had one and just got rid of our PVC for this coach built.

I didn’t think that there would be a door sensor on the coach built hab door like there is on a PVC, which makes me think that Guigsy is correct, and is maybe why Orion had to slam his hab door.

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
On my hab door lock, when the door latches, it swings a bar across to bend a spring that then contacts the microswitch. I just needed to bend the spring bar a bit.

Reactions: CRD
Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
I didn’t think that there would be a door sensor on the coach built hab door like there is on a PVC,

I didn't know either. Can you lock it with the Fiat key?

If all current coach built Adrias are the same as our 2022 Compact then yes, the hab door will centrally lock from the key, the remote, and the button on the dash in the same way as the Fiat cab doors.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
Wonder if you can adjust the magnet or contact switch so they are closer?
I’m going to look into that. I’ve found the sensor and two contacts on the hab door that Guigsy mentioned (although ours is different).

I’ll post a photo of it tomorrow and see if there is a way to improve the contacts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I’m going to look into that. I’ve found the sensor and two contacts on the Jan door that Guigsy mentioned (although ours is different).

I’ll post a photo of it tomorrow and see if there is a way to improve the contacts.
My door has 4 contact pins near the hinge that get closed when the door is closed. 2 are for the powered locks. 2 are to detect whether the door is latched. They just pass power and signal.

The microswitch to detect whether the door had latched was inside the lock mechanism. I had to take off the inside of the door casing to get to it.

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria
This may sound daft but check the garage doors are completely closed top & bottom

My Matrix shouts if they're not

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Hab door needs a good slam, the switch is connected to the top catch. If it still does it then the keeper needs adjusted to hold it closed more tightly. The reason it comes on when driving is the suction effect from pressure difference at speed.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Ha ha. We’ve had one and just got rid of our PVC for this coach built.

I didn’t think that there would be a door sensor on the coach built hab door like there is on a PVC, which makes me think that Guigsy is correct, and is maybe why Orion had to slam his hab door.
There is, it's integrated with the central locking. Adria pick up the wiring that would have been on a sliding door on the original van build

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
IMG_2274.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
The photo shows the two sensor mechanisms on our hab door. I played around with two protruding tabs to make sure that they hadn’t seized, and that helped on a journey this morning, however the warning light came on again this afternoon.

The problem definitely seems to be caused by this sensor mechanism on the hab door.

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
The photo shows the two sensor mechanisms on our hab door. I played around with two protruding tabs to make sure that they hadn’t seized, and that helped on a journey this morning, however the warning light came on again this afternoon.

The problem definitely seems to be caused by this sensor mechanism on the hab door.
They aren't sensors. They are just electrical contacts to pass voltage into the door. Two pins power the central locking. Two go to a microswitch in the lock that tells the van the door is latched.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
They aren't sensors. They are just electrical contacts to pass voltage into the door. Two pins power the central locking. Two go to a microswitch in the lock that tells the van the door is latched.
Thanks, Guigsy. It looks like this will have to be fixed by the dealer when we get back.

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Thanks, Guigsy. It looks like this will have to be fixed by the dealer when we get back.
PXL_20210731_145819274.jpg
PXL_20210731_145835558.jpg

I found the photos from when I did my door. The thread rod moves with the latch. It hits that bit of bent metal, which presses the microswitch. I just needed to tweak the bend so it pressed the switch more easily.

Reactions: JRT
Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
Thanks very much for these photos. I’ll leave it for the dealer to sort out under warranty, although it is annoying having the warning beeping pretty much all the time!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back