Jul 13, 2021
Lytham St Annes, Lytham Saint Annes, UK
Funster No
MH
Benimar Primero 202+
Exp
Since 1969
Hello everyone

I've moved on from the panel van and purchased a Benimar Primero 202. Marquis tell me it is not possible to fit my Fiamma Carry Bike Lift 77 which is for two bikes weighing 25Kg in total. Is this true?

Going on my first trip abroad since 1991.

Cheers all!

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Hello everyone

I've moved on from the panel van and purchased a Benimar Primero 202. Marquis tell me it is not possible to fit my Fiamma Carry Bike Lift 77 which is for two bikes weighing 25Kg in total. Is this true?

Going on my first trip abroad since 1991.

Cheers all!

What reason did Marquis give you as to why you could not fit your Fiamma Carry Bike Lift 77.

When I initially replace the Fiamma bike rack we had on our van with our Fiamma Carry Bike Lift 77, I noted that with our E-bikes on the rack that the back wall of our van was bowing out slightly with the weight. Realising that this would only get worse when going over speed bumps or hitting potholes, I decided to fit Fiamma Carry Bike Fixing Bars which are very stiff and spread the weight over a bigger area and I now have no movement in the back wall of our van with the bikes on our rack.

1713941129004.png

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Is it because they would be over the fridge vents? Seems odd that they fit the support rails but then say you can't fit anything to them

Upvote 1
OP
OP
D
Jul 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Benimar Primero 202+
Exp
Since 1969
The reason Marquis gave was "The model of Motorhome that you have is only able to have a Fiamma Pro C bike rack fitted, this is why the bars are already prefit. This is due to the construction of the Motorhome, so Benimar will only recommend this type of bike rack is fitted."

As for the bike rack covering the fridge vents, all bike racks will cover the fridge vents. With bicycles loaded this would not affect the fridge vents doing their job as they would not be smothered in any way.

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
The reason Marquis gave was "The model of Motorhome that you have is only able to have a Fiamma Pro C bike rack fitted, this is why the bars are already prefit. This is due to the construction of the Motorhome, so Benimar will only recommend this type of bike rack is fitted."

They sound pretty definite and I wouldn't be inclined to not believe them. You could contact Benimar directly and ask them if you want confirmation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010

As for the bike rack covering the fridge vents, all bike racks will cover the fridge vents. With bicycles loaded this would not affect the fridge vents doing their job as they would not be smothered in any way.

As far as I'm aware, all Fiamma bike racks for Motorhome fitment (PVC may be different) are all the same width for mounting and adjustable for the distance between the top and bottom mounts. The Fiamma Carry Bike Lift 77 fitting instructions state that the minium distance between the top and bottom mounting points is 680mm which may be the problem with fitting to the mounting bars on the back of your Benimar.
If your van is new, then fitting alternative mounting points will probably void your van's guarantee.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D
Jul 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
Benimar Primero 202+
Exp
Since 1969
Thanks for the info regarding the top and bottom mounts. My distance if 500mm which is way short of the 680mm minimum distance you referenced.
I was always aware that I could not use the provided mounting bars but do not understand why Fiamma spreader plates could not be used.
Just to point out, I am not complaining about Marquis who it seems are trying to protect my investment. I am a little frustrated at having to go back to a bike carrier that means I have to stand on my tiptoes and carry a step to lift the bikes on and off. I was so looking forward to being able to wind the bikes up and down and save my back.
Does this mean a trip to Motorhome Fun Classifieds to sell a new Fiamma Bike Lift 77?
In the meantime will write, as suggested, to Benimar Spain for final clarification.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back