Ferry to Rosslaire (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 18, 2023
Amroth, Narberth, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse GT
Exp
Hi All, Looking to go to Spain on a Ferry from either Pembroke Dock (Irish Ferries) or Fishguard (Stenna) to Rosslaire, then Rosslaire to Bilbao.
Would anyone recommend Pembroke Dock or Fishguard ferry, and why?
Thanks

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
We're fellow Pembrokeshire residents, and I've also pondered using this route to Northern Spain. We're 12 miles away from both Pembroke Dock and Fishguard, and the idea of only having to drive 12 miles from West Wales to get to Bilbao is appealing.

Cost is the main issue. The Irish sea crossing isn't cheap, so once added to the Rosslaire - Bilbao fare, it's pretty pricey.

I've used both Stenna and Irish Ferries in the past on both routes to Rosslaire. Nothing to choose between them. I'd go on price / convenience of time of crossing.

Years ago Stenna used to run the Lynx fast ferry taking only an hour and a half. We used to take it for drunken day trips to Wexford races. Shame it's no longer an option.

Upvote 0
May 23, 2023
Funster No
MH
Timberland Destiny
Used both just to get to Ireland. Stenna Fishguard favourite as great lorry park just behind Tesco near the port you can stay in. Just makes life easier if travelling any distance to get there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Used both just to get to Ireland. Stenna Fishguard favourite as great lorry park just behind Tesco near the port you can stay in. Just makes life easier if travelling any distance to get there.
Unfortunately from next March Pembrokeshire Council are going to be charging motorhomes £10 a night to park on Goodwick Moor (behind Tesco) overnight.

Upvote 0
May 23, 2023
Funster No
MH
Timberland Destiny
Another myopic viewpoint. Do they think by stopping or charging all campervan owners will resort to a B&B? Living by the coast I can assume “local business” refers to guest houses etc not pubs, cafes and restaurants. Hey Ho. At least when you get to Spain there is a general welcoming of campervans.

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Another myopic viewpoint. Do they think by stopping or charging all campervan owners will resort to a B&B? Living by the coast I can assume “local business” refers to guest houses etc not pubs, cafes and restaurants. Hey Ho. At least when you get to Spain there is a general welcoming of campervans.
Unfortunately, I personally know two campsite owners who have heavily petitioned against the possibility of Council Aires in the county. I'm sure there are others. It is very blinkered. It really isn't going to affect their businesses.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A
Feb 18, 2023
Amroth, Narberth, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse GT
Exp
Hi All, Looking to go to Spain on a Ferry from either Pembroke Dock (Irish Ferries) or Fishguard (Stenna) to Rosslaire, then Rosslaire to Bilbao.
Would anyone recommend Pembroke Dock or Fishguard ferry, and why?
Thanks
I everyone, booked Fishguard, managed to get 5% discount, then booked Rosslaire with Directferries, cheaper than going direct with Brittany Ferries, especially with no discount code available. Thanks all for your help and advice. Like it was said, less driving for hubby 😁😂
Hope to see you all next year in a rally.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back