Fastest E Bicycle for motorhome (1 Viewer)

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Yes. That's exactly what I'm looking to do.
Is it called a "ebike" ?
Just go to for example the Netherlands and buy a Pedelec bicycle , it’s fast out of the box , is a normal e bike bicycle and all components are designed for this higher speed, Buy a Gazelle , top quality brand 👍

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Like so many things there is what one wants and what is compliant with rules/law/regulations.
There are those that believe rules don't apply to them, that is why we have drunk/drugged drivers, rapists, murderers, tax invasion to name a few.
Rules/law/regulations are force majeure.
Personally we should provide joner8888 with as much information as possible to go as fast as possible then
we can read about him in the darwin awards and not here.
No they're not.

Cheers
Red.

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Just go to for example the Netherlands and buy a Pedelec bicycle , it’s fast out of the box , is a normal e bike bicycle and all components are designed for this higher speed, Buy a Gazelle , top quality brand 👍
Are Gazelles not restricted to 250W and 25Kmh under EU regulations, I was looking at buying an "Ultimate C380" in April/May but if they don't comply with regs then perhaps not?

Cheers
Red.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 10, 2022
South wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic
I Have a specialized Levo mtb. It’s been chipped ‘ the shop changed a cable’ for £200 doesn’t effect the warranty and will go well over 30mph depending on what gearing I have.
Done a few 70 mile rides on it over some serious mountains like Pen y Fan !!

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I Have a specialized Levo mtb. It’s been chipped ‘ the shop changed a cable’ for £200 doesn’t effect the warranty and will go well over 30mph depending on what gearing I have.
Done a few 70 mile rides on it over some serious mountains like Pen y Fan !!
I too have the Levo, my phone is linked to the bike by Bluetooth you then download the Light Blue app and that tells it that it has different size wheels.
This plus a different front chain ring and it’s good for 36 mph😳😳

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Yes, its in my nature to tune out restrictions, maybe its cost effective to take a fine compared to insuring and taxing another vehicle(motorcycle) ... if anyone cottons on to what i am riding!!
It’s not just a fine I believe they can issue points on your license.

I had a whoosh self build kit I diy fitted to my mountain bike and adjusted it for “off road” use.
It would do around 10mph more than standard.
There are “off road bikes” available that are seriously more powerful than the 250watt road limits.

However, I found that the 15mph limit was more than enough on the combined pedestrian/ cycle lanes. But cross country it was absolutely brill 🤭

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Are Gazelles not restricted to 250W and 25Kmh under EU regulations, I was looking at buying an "Ultimate C380" in April/May but if they don't comply with regs then perhaps not?

Cheers
Red.
They do fully comply with those rules but they also produce bikes under pedelec regulations which look and are much the same but in NL you do need moped insurance and wear a helmet as they are much faster, the ultimate range are great bikes, you will not be disappointed, Gazelle is as good as they come 👍

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Some 5 years ago my mate rocked up on my drive to show me his new motor on his electric bike - have a go, so I jumped on and opened it up to the mini roundabout 60 metres up the road. Didn’t see speedo as I had to really jump on brakes to take left at roundabout, a further 120 metres down the road I was looking at speedo (50mph) and I missed my intended left turn braking too late😄 Took next left around the block and back home - brilliant 😁😊 but for me I thought deadly 😁Cannot remember what motor was either a Barfang or Bosch but it was 400w or 450w and cost him around £850 for motor/wheels to fit his bike

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
They do fully comply with those rules but they also produce bikes under pedelec regulations which look and are much the same but in NL you do need moped insurance and wear a helmet as they are much faster, the ultimate range are great bikes, you will not be disappointed, Gazelle is as good as they come 👍

Having read up how good the Gazelle bikes were, I bought a secondhand one from a fellow Funster some years ago. I paid £600 (about the price of a new battery!) for it. It was for my wife so that she could keep up with me on my normal hybrid bike. She used it for 2 or 3 years but then fell whilst trying to get off. I then got her a Raleigh step through but with the same Bosch drive system and especially battery. Having kept the Gazelle for my future use (may well be this year due to my knee problems) we were able to go away with a spare battery, if needed. The Gazelle is built like a tank so a bit on the heavy side, it is restricted to 25kmh. Have just bought a 2bike tow all rack that will take 60kg suitable for two ebikes and going to put the towbar back onto the van (bought van 14 years ago with towbar fitted, but not needed until now).

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
I came across this site when looking at folders. The Ersin Hybrid 1000 looks like a 'normal' ebike, however, 1000w motor gives it a bit of push (peaks at 1500w), around 35mph.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
More speed is one thing, but you'll also need to stop it. I handle quite few enquiries from people wanting to tune their standard 50's and 60's motorbikes for greater speed. It's not too difficult but at higher speeds few of them have brakes that were designed to cope with higher speeds.

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
I was replying to Johns post ,about tuning out restrictions.. not about legality of them
But the OP's comment that led to this was that he would overcome the restrictions set on an ebike, which is a legal restriction and not the same as tuning a vehicle where the restrictions are imposed by the manufacturer and are not driven by the law.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back