Fastest E Bicycle for motorhome (2 Viewers)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Just coming back in to motorhomes again and looking at large garage motorhomes for a decent motorbike .
But unless i go C class i cant seem to find a proper sized garage unless its a Honda monkey bike ... NO
So, what or how could i obtain a fast e bicycle that can operate properly , with restrictions removed if need be.?
?

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Surely you don't want to be classed as one of those people we all criticise and the police are talking about clamping down on?
No , not at all , just one of those people who are just curious of what can be and what is out there, because you never know ,one day ,it may be all be legal!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
, i was wondering what electric speed eclectic bicycles could be tuned to
up to about 28mph .. it;'s generally just a software setting in the speed controller.. some it's by moving the speed sensor on the frame

my bike, A Rio MTB from Woosh Bikes, is a Chinese import, came with instructions how to set max speed .. with a warning that it was illegal in the UK and would void the warranty .. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Last edited:
OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
up to about 28mph .. it;'s generally just a software setting in the speed controller.. some it's by moving the speed sensor on the frame

my bike , a Chinese import, came with instructions how to set max speed .. with a waring that it was illegal in the UK and would void the warranty .. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Yes, its in my nature to tune out restrictions, maybe its cost effective to take a fine compared to insuring and taxing another vehicle(motorcycle) ... if anyone cottons on to what i am riding!!

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Yes, its in my nature to tune out restrictions, maybe its cost effective to take a fine compared to insuring and taxing another vehicle(motorcycle) ... if anyone cottons on to what i am riding!!
Unless, of course, you end up injuring someone and have to pay them compensation. I doubt that your house insurer would honour any such claim. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
But you've just told me you have no intention of breaking the law and are just curious. The problem isn't about whether you get a fine or not, it's the fact that you're a danger on the roads and a danger to others on the pavements.

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Unless, of course, you end up injuring someone and have to pay them compensation. I doubt that your house insurer would honour any such claim. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Ian
I bought that bike your honour ! or if i fell over a cliff, or if i drowned , or.......... come on ..

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
When i am really old er , more than 67 and i need a buggy, i will fit a Hayabusa bike engine .
This will accelerate me to 60mph in 2 seconds ,on a pavement. If i need it.
I will not be slow, i hate queuing, slow walkers, slow drivers.

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
But you've just told me you have no intention of breaking the law and are just curious. The problem isn't about whether you get a fine or not, it's the fact that you're a danger on the roads and a danger to others on the pavements.
For 40 years i have avoided what has needed to be done and it has paid off well.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
For 40 years i have avoided what has needed to be done and it has paid off well.

You have two choices, the Sur-ron style, which look like Motorbikes and are easy for the Police to identify. Or a bicycle style. Personally I wouldn't go for the Sur-Ron style.

There are loads of you tube videos on derestricting e-bikes (bicycle style), my experience (not a lot) indicates that it tends to be the gearing of the bike that is your speed limiter, that is, once you've removed the digital limit.

For instance, on one of ours it is possible to set the limiter to 60 Kmh, but when tested I could only reach a cadence that will provide 40Kmh, with a comfortable cadence providing 30Kmh. To alter that I'd need tp either put a bigger chain ring on or a smaller final drive gear.

If you want something properly fast (bicycle style), then you're probably best buying a 1000w rear hub kit and fitting it to a doner bike, although, again, these are easily identified, and I doubt you'll get tyres rated to the speeds you can achieve.

Anyone that advocates not removing the speed limiter obviously never owned a FS1E, DT125 or some such machine in their teens :ROFLMAO:

Cheers
Red.

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
Just coming back in to motorhomes again and looking at large garage motorhomes for a decent motorbike .
But unless i go C class i cant seem to find a proper sized garage unless its a Honda monkey bike ... NO
So, what or how could i obtain a fast e bicycle that can operate properly , with restrictions removed if need be.?
?
Very interesting question that I have also been looking into, except in my case looking at the fastest folding 20ā€ e bike I could get. Understand the law, understand the safety issues, understand third party and personal protection, doesnā€™t stop me wondering what is out there and what my options might be. Donā€™t think this is the forum for answers though.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Any electric bike that does not meet the EAPC rules is classed as a motorcycle or moped and needs to be registered and taxed. Youā€™ll need a driving licence to ride one and you must wear a crash helmet.
So the offences can add up , and have a deleterious effect on your insurance rating when renewing :(

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Very interesting question that I have also been looking into, except in my case looking at the fastest folding 20ā€ e bike I could get. Understand the law, understand the safety issues, understand third party and personal protection, doesnā€™t stop me wondering what is out there and what my options might be. Donā€™t think this is the forum for answers though.
Yes, I think I should ask on more of a bike forum .Bike engineering and mechanical workings are what I like.
Everyone tells me about safety, I'm too old too worry about that šŸ˜….
I have a motorbike that will do a 180mph but is too big to fit in a motorhome.
I only ride it up to 70 anyway.
It's doing what I like.

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Any electric bike that does not meet the EAPC rules is classed as a motorcycle or moped and needs to be registered and taxed. Youā€™ll need a driving licence to ride one and you must wear a crash helmet.
So the offences can add up , and have a deleterious effect on your insurance rating when renewing :(
I'm a liability all right

Jan 3, 2020
Mile Oak, Tamworth
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 98
Exp
Since 2008
Iā€™ve ridden an Ebike for 10 years.
I know the law.
Iā€™ve travelled up to 35mph regularly and can cruise along without peddling.
The law states I canā€™t do either. To date no issues. No near misses. No police involvement.
My E-bike looks like a normal E-bike. Itā€™s all in the very easy to manage software and switches.
Love cycling..love the range the E-bike gives me

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Iā€™ve ridden an Ebike for 10 years.
I know the law.
Iā€™ve travelled up to 35mph regularly and can cruise along without peddling.
The law states I canā€™t do either. To date no issues. No near misses. No police involvement.
My E-bike looks like a normal E-bike. Itā€™s all in the very easy to manage software and switches.
Love cycling..love the range the E-bike gives me
Yes. That's exactly what I'm looking to do.
Is it called a "ebike" ?

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
My son has a Suron. Unbelievably fast and illegal!

I have a converted bike with a Bafang crank. Again, fast but legal. I can tamper with the settings but I do not feel the need.

Each to their own.

Jul 29, 2022
Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
Like so many things there is what one wants and what is compliant with rules/law/regulations.
There are those that believe rules don't apply to them, that is why we have drunk/drugged drivers, rapists, murderers, tax invasion to name a few.
Rules/law/regulations are force majeure.
Personally we should provide joner8888 with as much information as possible to go as fast as possible then
we can read about him in the darwin awards and not here.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back