Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 3, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Bought motor home two yrs ago after having caravans for 30 years
Just bought a wi fi unit to be fitted on van from falcoln . I needed a data card so opt for 02 as you get 25g in europe . To watch tv . Not sure what I'm doing to be honest ,but the data sim cost me £25 a month I wish to use it to watch tv on firestick ..nothing is set up yet as going to falcoln to get it all fitted . Have I got right sim card ? All new at this .thank you for any advice ,I've got a 14 day change my mind on tge contract with 02

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Exp
Don’t bother with O2 you would be better with Popit Mobile
£25 a month gives you a 100gb a month which can all be used in Europe
Only proviso is you activate the sim in the U.K. and use it for 4-5 days then your good to go
And you can downgrade the sim or put it on hold for a £1 a month when you return from Europe

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Watching TV via the firestick will eat up your data at around 1gb per hour ....

It might be better to try to get a SIM on your travels, Free (in France) had some reasonable deals the last time I looked ..

A few of 'us' have opted for Starlinks on a roam tarrif .....

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Exp
Watching TV via the firestick will eat up your data at around 1gb per hour ....

It might be better to try to get a SIM on your travels, Free (in France) had some reasonable deals the last time I looked ..

A few of 'us' have opted for Starlinks on a roam tarrif .....
And more if you watch ITVx it more like 2gb an hour

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
We have falcon 5g and use IQ Mobile £20 for sim then £20 for 100gb data all available for EU. Just buy data as needed. Excellent service and uses EE network.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
But non-uk SIMs will require a VPN to watch UK tv - have a read of the thread “best sim for EU internet “. For us IQGo ticks all the boxes, £20 for 100GB/1 month, if you run out within the month just top up, and no need for VPN. Tiekom is slightly cheaper out of Spain (much cheaper in Spain) at €43 for 200GB but would need a VPN.

Oct 5, 2021
Thame UK
Funster No
MH
boxer compass 140
Exp
A newbie solo
Just bought a wi fi unit to be fitted on van from falcoln . I needed a data card so opt for 02 as you get 25g in europe . To watch tv . Not sure what I'm doing to be honest ,but the data sim cost me £25 a month I wish to use it to watch tv on firestick ..nothing is set up yet as going to falcoln to get it all fitted . Have I got right sim card ? All new at this .thank you for any advice ,I've got a 14 day change my mind on tge contract with 02
I have a 100 g EE data only sim and use a fire stick with out any buffering at all 😊

OP
OP
Pamee
Jul 3, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Don’t bother with O2 you would be better with Popit Mobile
£25 a month gives you a 100gb a month which can all be used in Europe
Only proviso is you activate the sim in the U.K. and use it for 4-5 days then your good to go
And you can downgrade the sim or put it on hold for a £1 a month when you return from Europe

OP
OP
Pamee
Jul 3, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Would this sim work in a falcoln wifi unit please?.we were told tge 02 would work and we're in france now and it dont work ! So been miss sold this .. I phoned 02 and complained that's when I was told it won't work in europe only uk. I wanted to watch tv in van now and again.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Exp
Would this sim work in a falcoln wifi unit please?.we were told tge 02 would work and we're in france now and it dont work ! So been miss sold this .. I phoned 02 and complained that's when I was told it won't work in europe only uk. I wanted to watch tv in van now and again.
Popit mobile will work just fine in Europe
We use the 100gb package when abroad and just pause it when we get home
Watched TV most nights up to 3 hours and found 100gb lasted ok
No VPN required as its a UK sim

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020
Essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
Popit mobile will work just fine in Europe
We use the 100gb package when abroad and just pause it when we get home
Watched TV most nights up to 3 hours and found 100gb lasted ok
No VPN required as its a UK sim
Which countries in EU were you able to watch UK tv/streaming with Popit mobile sim?

Sep 19, 2019
Warwick, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t
An O2 SIM will work in Europe on 5G. I’ve just tried mine with BBC iPlayer in Spain.

Could you have some incorrect settings in your router? Have you set roaming on, for example?

What are you trying to watch?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Have you changed the APN to O2?
Do you have roaming turned on?
Does the SIM actually have any roaming data?
Have you turned on roaming in O2?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back