LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Anyone managed to charge their EV at a campsite ? I ask as I’ve seen some no EV charging signs at some sites around France.

Technically i could charge the EV from the van but I’d prefer not to do that and don’t mind paying to charge, a metered campsite EHU would be perfect.

Anyone done this, have any tips ?

Sep 13, 2019
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
I once used the granny charger on an older MH and the electrics became very warm. Maybe better on newer MH’s personally would prefer to use a proper charger. Some sites are now installing chargers up to 7kw which should help if you can find one. Otherwise use one of the ev apps to find local chargers close to your location.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I once used the granny charger on an older MH and the electrics became very warm. Maybe better on newer MH’s personally would prefer to use a proper charger. Some sites are now installing chargers up to 7kw which should help if you can find one. Otherwise use one of the ev apps to find local chargers close to your location.

Yes that’s the plan B, but maybe should be the plan A. At least there’s plenty of charging points now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back