European Vets that have issued EU Pet Passports to Brits since Brexit (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Maralions

Free Member
Jun 23, 2024
Funster No
MH
Renault master
Actually there are still some French vets who will issue Pet Passports to Brits. I have a list that I have compiled from various Facebook posts, currently standing at 33 of them. A couple have dropped off the list but then others come along to replace them.
Hi Max, would you be so kind as to pm me your list of vets? I'm just about to post now about it.

Jun 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti 650 MG
Exp
6 years
Hope this is not too late. See map attached.
Please can anyone give me details of where the motorhome sized lay-by near Dr Lieve de Rycke’s vet practice in Bruges is? Trying to make plans to go there on our way back to UK. Thanks.

Parking near vets.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 30, 2023
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Hope this is not too late. See map attached.

View attachment 917603
Thanks for this - but actually we were there this morning and parked outside. Just as well as it poured rain. But it’s ok for 7m Chausson (and both the bin lorries and school bus got by easily). Lieve has a blue card parking disc inside that you can borrow. Lovely lady & highly recommended.

IMG_3076.jpeg

Aug 16, 2024
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Hello everyone 👋

I’ve had a read through of this thread (it’s amazing, thank you ☺️).

We have a 4yo dog who we have been getting a Uk Health Certificate for, for the past 3 years.

We have now reached the stage where we would like to get her an EUPP.

I’ve been in touch with De Rycke vets in Belgium, and I think we’ll go down this route next year.

We usually go abroad for a big summer holiday in July/august.

Her current rabies jab runs out early July 2025.

We are planning to go to Belgium around Easter 2025 to get her the PP (using a new HC to leave and return to the UK under her current rabies jab).

If her new rabies jab is administered in Belgium in April 25 then it will expire April 28.

Am I right in thinking the booster in 2028 will need to be given in an EU country?

Can any EU vet give it and amend her passport, or will it need to be a Belgian vet again?

And finally, if hypothetically her Eu Rabies runs out end of April 2028, in order to use it to return to the UK she would need the 21 day waiting period and would need to be given the booster early April 2028, so that it is valid?

Sorry for all of the questions 🫣

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi clairecamper and welcome to the Fun!
:welcome3:

In answer to your questions:

1. Yes, the booster must be given in an EU country.

2. Any EU vet can administer the rabies booster and record it in the PP.

3. Provided the rabies booster is given before the current one expires there is no 21 day waiting period.

Aug 16, 2024
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Hi clairecamper and welcome to the Fun!
:welcome3:

In answer to your questions:

1. Yes, the booster must be given in an EU country.

2. Any EU vet can administer the rabies booster and record it in the PP.

3. Provided the rabies booster is given before the current one expires there is no 21 day waiting period.
Thanks Maz, super helpful!

Also wondering if to save a trip to Europe in April every 3 years, would we be able to get her rabies booster done in July 2027 (9 months early) perhaps combining with her returning to the uk tapeworm visit? 🤔

Just thinking it would be good for the future booster schedule to combine with the main summer holiday!

Aug 16, 2024
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet

Also wondering if to save a trip to Europe in April every 3 years, would we be able to get her rabies booster done in July 2027 (9 months early) perhaps combining with her returning to the uk tapeworm visit? 🤔

Just thinking it would be good for the future booster schedule to combine with the main summer holiday!
Also, just double checking for the rabies booster… we don’t need to have a European residence?

That’s just for the actual passport?

So we could be in France, for example, and any vet can do the rabies booster to add to the EUPP?

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011

Shouldn't be a problem but there has been the odd report on Facebook of vets refusing to administer a rabies vaccine early. You can use any EU vet for a booster so just check with your chosen one before making an appointment.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Also, just double checking for the rabies booster… we don’t need to have a European residence?

That’s just for the actual passport?

So we could be in France, for example, and any vet can do the rabies booster to add to the EUPP?
You don't need EU residence for either a rabies booster or the Pet Passport itself, as Lieve de Rycke will tell you when you see her. :Smile:

However, there are vets in both France and Belgium (and other countries too though in lesser numbers) who will refuse to issue an EU Pet Passport to Brits. Hence the popularity of Lieve who understands that there is nothing in law to prohibit this.

Aug 16, 2024
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
You don't need EU residence for either a rabies booster or the Pet Passport itself, as Lieve de Rycke will tell you when you see her. :Smile:

However, there are vets in both France and Belgium (and other countries too though in lesser numbers) who will refuse to issue an EU Pet Passport to Brits. Hence the popularity of Lieve who understands that there is nothing in law to prohibit this.
Thanks so much for you help 🐕

• Thanks
Reactions: maz
Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
Visited very nice friendly vets in Champagne -Mouton in Haute Vienne for worming. Went with daughter and her dog
I got a pet passport in Deauville in ‘23 with home address
A year prior my daughter had attempted to get a passport in Brittany using a friends address in France- that led to weeks of misunderstanding daily ( daily!!) calls and emails over a mistake from the French registration people whom thought her dog actually had rabies! No passport….

Last year she too got a pet passport from the Deauville vet using the French address

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
Today at the vets my daughters information was corrected by the vet and her case closed!
But I was very strongly advised that I should get our dog registered using the last ACH we had as soon as possible if necessary using the address my daughter uses…..

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
I didn’t argue just nodded…
But not heard this before
We have used the passport twice without issue
Suggestion by vet was that there could be an issue at border should they decide to check on his chip number….🙄

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I didn’t argue just nodded…
But not heard this before
We have used the passport twice without issue
Suggestion by vet was that there could be an issue at border should they decide to check on his chip number….🙄
As I'm sure you already know, Border Control are not going to check on his chip number in any other way than matching it from dog to Pet Passport. That's all they are required to do and that is all they will do.

Vets can 'suggest' what they like but are often wrong. :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back