Tour Guide Wanted European road atlas advice (9 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
I am looking for a European road atlas, although I will use satellite nav , I am after something for planning routes, and places to visit (satnav will take you from a to b, but often we will divert via other places if nearby and worthwhile)

Would prefer a "compact" version, but interested in views over which ones are better, or what to avoid?

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Do you have a decent bookshop near you, I would go in and have a look at them some person likes and what you like may be completely different. We had one and the one time we actually needed it we found it useless as it covered too many countries in Atlas that wasn’t any help in the end.

Google is usually very useful at telling you what’s around you and places to visit you don’t actually need that list for that

Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
My advice: don't get a pan-European one. If you go Michelin, then France, Spain & Portugal combined, Germany - includes Austria, Benelux, Switzerland & Czechoslovakia (sp?). That's what I use. All of these have Euro-wide routing maps. France atlas has the greatest amount of detail.

Nov 18, 2022
Holmfirth, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 135
Well, the AA Big Europe road atlas is definitely NOT compact. It’s huge amd very heavy. I didn’t realise that Europe was so big! I’ve resorted to cutting out the pages I need and putting them in zip-up poly bags. It would probably be best to buy several separate atlases or folding maps, if possible. If not, the cutting-up method seems to work OK so long as I don’t baffle myself with loose sheets!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back