Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 23, 2015
Weston super Mare
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1992
I was due on the train today but my new passport hasn’t come back yet so I called euro tunnel and said I’m going to have to cancel… now I bought just a standard ticket so knew I’d lost the money but no, they said they’d change it to a flexible to be used within a year but I would have to pay any difference if I chose a more expensive time to cross. I fully expect to travel in the next few weeks.. I thought I’d lost £120 so what a result..

Now that’s what I call customer service….👍🏼👍🏼
They refused to extend my trip past 12 months from booking even though I couldn't travel because of COVID.

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
They refused to extend my trip past 12 months from booking even though I couldn't travel because of COVID.
But I have heard that they can only book 1yr in advance..? Could you not have re-booked for a year then moved it again at end of the particular year.?

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
40+
Been brilliant for us.. no problem with moving crossings when needed...simple and straightforward... you just have to know how to use the system..
No so for me and many others on here, 2 cancelled sailings one after the other by them, had to rebook and pay in full as l didn’t have a refund or voucher and when l actually got my hands on the voucher it was at my address in the U.K. yet the cancellations we’re on Spanish - U.K. sailings. Requested refund for voucher and after four months l got it.
l know my way around their operation l have been using them for decades but not anymore l am done with them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
As you know Garry mine landed on the mat five working days after I sent it off but I did lose five months off my normal expiry date of early March.
Passport approved :party: got an email saying sent to printers… did you get this Paul..? How long did it take after the approval email..?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Hmmm, don’t remember that Garry. Comes by recorded delivery so make sure your in 😳😳
Just checked Garry, three emithers 1, it’s approved. 2, it’s on its way delivered by TNT parcels. 3, Don’t forget to sign it. All sent on the 7th Oct. Arrived on the 8th 👍

Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
I bought 10 tickets in Feb 2020, they all ran out in March 2021.
Euro Tunnel have given me an extension on the tickets of 12 month's, TWICE now.
I'm still good till July 2022.
I thought i had lost all of them.
Those 10 tickets cost me £500. depending on the Motorhome i have surcharge to pay each crossing of £12.50, motorhome is 7m in length.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
I wonder when/if they will open the frequent traveller offer again? We are going to France in February and August...was hoping to benefit from it 🤷‍♀️

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
When was this Mike? They initially refused to extend mine and I was really upset by that … then someone here told me the policy had changed and to call them.
I did and they gave me a voucher for the full amount. This had to be used within 12 months BUT could be used in that last day to book a standard refundable ticket for 12 months time. This ticket could then be cancelled and rebooked again. I used my voucher to buy my October holiday and have a bit left over which I will put upwards a booking in April for next summer which I can move if needs be.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun