Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I was due on the train today but my new passport hasn’t come back yet so I called euro tunnel and said I’m going to have to cancel… now I bought just a standard ticket so knew I’d lost the money but no, they said they’d change it to a flexible to be used within a year but I would have to pay any difference if I chose a more expensive time to cross. I fully expect to travel in the next few weeks.. I thought I’d lost £120 so what a result..

Now that’s what I call customer service….👍🏼👍🏼

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We've had brilliant service from them through Covid. 3 tickets bought in 2019 have been moved twice, 2 of those we have now re booked which was a simple process as you can enter the credit voucher number when you book new tickets. Can't fault them.

BTW Just smiffy when did you apply for your new passport? And have you got a new moho?

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We've had brilliant service from them through Covid. 3 tickets bought in 2019 have been moved twice, 2 of those we have now re booked which was a simple process as you can enter the credit voucher number when you book new tickets. Can't fault them.

BTW Just smiffy when did you apply for your new passport? And have you got a new moho?
No motorhome Helen, I’m going to Albia with the tent..😱

Been waiting for the passport just over 4 weeks now, I know it’s the norm for longer but have been hearing a lot of reviews that it’s just been a few weeks before it arrived lately…🤔

I’ll book as soon as it comes …

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I was due on the train today but my new passport
I dont know how long your going for and I'm not sure if I read the below page correctly and certainly hope it doesn't apply to you - but see how you read it...

Taken from....

20211029_194540.jpg

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I dont know how long your going for and I'm not sure if I read the below page correctly and certainly hope it doesn't apply to you - but see how you read it...

Taken from....

View attachment 552367
I’ve read that too, my old passport runs out 1st of march 22 I can’t wait till then so I’ll take my chance, it also meant if I kept my old passport it would have been the same so it’s catch 22…🤷🏼‍♂️

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I’ve read that too, my old passport runs out 1st of march 22 I can’t wait till then so I’ll take my chance, it also meant if I kept my old passport it would have been the same so it’s catch 22…🤷🏼‍♂️
I think they are doing it from the date you apply now otherwise all passports issued before expiry would be useless.10 years from the day issued.

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
One of the few benefits of covid I think
They've been quite flexible for all. so I hear
Nothing to do with Covid - this has been their policy for sometime. We had to cancel back in 2018. They changed our booking to the last possible date a year after the date of booking and we later changed it when we were able to travel. Did the same when we had to come home early last year when France locked down.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
From sending photos of online and application form got my new one back less than a week of them getting my old one .

Recently renewed my wife’s Eire passport online and the process was seamless - as a point of reference my last U.K. renewal (2016) involved a c.700 mile round trip due to a f*ck up on their part and an impending overseas trip. Postman dropped it through the box 7 days after the application!

Now need to figure out how I can get the €90 back from her with minimal marital strife. :unsure:

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
My passport took about 10 days, Kates took 3 working days.
All done online.

From sending photos of online and application form got my new one back less than a week of them getting my old one .

I’ve no doubt it’s just me..😩 if I didn’t have bad luck I’d have no luck at all…😆

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I’ve no doubt it’s just me..😩 if I didn’t have bad luck I’d have no luck at all…😆
When Kate’s passport came back in just a few days and mine took a week ionger I thought they had looked at the photos and thought 'He looks a bit dodgy, better check him out carefully'.
That could be your answer Smiffy. :rofl::rofl:

Richard.

Sep 22, 2020
Beaumont-cum-Moze
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Burford
Exp
A class American RVs and C class over 50 years
No motorhome Helen, I’m going to Albia with the tent..😱

Been waiting for the passport just over 4 weeks now, I know it’s the norm for longer but have been hearing a lot of reviews that it’s just been a few weeks before it arrived lately…🤔

I’ll book as soon as it comes …
I was due on the train today but my new passport hasn’t come back yet so I called euro tunnel and said I’m going to have to cancel… now I bought just a standard ticket so knew I’d lost the money but no, they said they’d change it to a flexible to be used within a year but I would have to pay any difference if I chose a more expensive time to cross. I fully expect to travel in the next few weeks.. I thought I’d lost £120 so what a result..

Yesterday Good old Brittany Ferries cancelled my return ferry on the 2nd November 2022 for operational reasons,I contacted them as requested (45 mins to get through) they said as they had cancelled I could transfer to another crossing or have a refund (I chose the refund)I then enquired about my outward journey on September 2nd that I would not require if I couldn’t get back but they were adamant that although I had booked both journeys through there office by phone they had been separate tickets so they said they would not cancel it and give me a refund.They said I had to cancell and lose 25%of the fare paid £158.loss.so I have decided as I have a flex ticket I will keep changing it every few days with the hope they may get fed up.

Oct 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet

This has always been the policy on standard tickets, no refund but they will move the travel date up to one year from the original booking date.

May 21, 2014
Llywel Brecon
Funster No
MH
Rapido M96
Exp
Since May 2014
I have followed this thread, but not wishing to hi-jack it, we have had excellent service on the Tunnel over this pandemic, being isolated in the van has been a real bonus. However obtaining a quote for this coming Monday of £260 one way and P&O ferries quoting one way at £105 has made me start to wonder how much I am prepared to pay for the convenience now we have had the booster.

Jun 4, 2019
North licolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
We had eurotunnel standard tickets for a crossing in 2020. They have let us change it 3 times now. This final time hopefully we received a refund as crossing cheaper. A bonus that we weren't expecting.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
As you know Garry mine landed on the mat five working days after I sent it off but I did lose five months off my normal expiry date of early March.

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
As you know Garry mine landed on the mat five working days after I sent it off but I did lose five months off my normal expiry date of early March.
Let me get this straight because you do talk all northern don’t cha eh up lad…. So you applied before yours ran out in march22 but the new one runs from September 21- September 31….? 👍🏼
Like gus-lopez said earlier..?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Yes, ‘cos we’re in Spain when it would have run out my darling carer made me send off for a new one early just in case it took ages to come back in time as we know some knob that didn’t send it off early enough and had to cancel his plans ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: It now runs out in Oct ‘31 instead of March ‘32.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back