EU Pet Passport issued in Northern Ireland ? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

andyjp

Free Member
Aug 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Hi all. Reading through various posts I wanted to check my thinking was correct and see what peoples experience of the above was ? We travel to Italy regularly so in theory could also do it there but I also travel to Scotland frequently so thought I could pop across to Northern Island and get a pet passport there. It would be more straightforward in terms of language etc so keen to get options.
Thanks in advance. Andy

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi and welcome,

NI is part of the UK, any pet passport issued needs to be from Ireland part of the EU.

May 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hymer B578
Exp
Just starting out
I don`t think you can get an eu pets passport in N/Ireland. You would have to travel down into Eire/Southern Ireland.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
You can get an EU Pet Passport issued in Northern Ireland but you might want to consider if one from the Republic of Ireland would be better for the long term. Who knows how long the current arrangement for Northern Ireland might last?

Italy is trickier for obtaining a Pet Passport. You will need an Italian address to which your dog can be registered and a tax code. Actual residency is not a requirement. However, Pet Passports are not issued directly by vets - you need to go through a local health authority (ASL).

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I don`t think you can get an eu pets passport in N/Ireland. You would have to travel down into Eire/Southern Ireland.
You can have one issued in northern Ireland. Book a vet. Check the passport that the entries are correct. These are european passport

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
I went to the vets in Letterkenny, it was cheaper than the local one in Derry. They were happy to transcribe into the pet passport the rabies vac that I had done in England 6 months before

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back