Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 14, 2021
Lymington
Funster No
MH
fiat sunliving S65SL
Exp
B class
You probably can't envisage it from my description. The Aire has clearly marked spaces which would afford everyone a uninterrupted beautiful view. One tosser decides to park sideways across in front of everyone so he can't see any motorhomes but we all have to look at him. Yes if I look left I have a lovely view but he is in my peripheral vison all the time.

It's just selfish behaviour. I deplore selfish behaviour.....and it doesn't get dark until 11pm here. Plus....a few hours later it'll be breakfast.
How about parking just in front of him. 😀

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
This thread reminded me of my own annoyance and a similar thread some years ago

I think we British on the whole are more aware of the feelings of others

I don't tow a trailer but if I did and arrived at that aire, which I have used and know quite well, I would have parked much further down

However this is France and they typically dont appear to consider others, their spot and view is all that matters as I learnt when nicely parked in the last marked bay at Mende a couple of years ago

View attachment 318917

View attachment 318916

Linda farley

Free Member
Jan 6, 2018
Funster No
I put this on "a view from..." thread but after decided maybe it deserved it's own thread.

After a mixed weather week at the Le Mans 24hr race we have followed the sun and headed south east towards Lyon where it is sunny and 30 degrees.

Found a lovely free Aire on the Lac de Villerest/Loire river.

View from the van....
View attachment 911469

Well, this should be everyone's view if we all parked in the marked bays. However, some entitled Frenchman made his own spot. So pan little to my right and instead of uninterrupted lake views we have.....

View attachment 911472

As I sit here with my cold Normandy cider it annoys me more and more. Maybe a few more bottles and I'll have a word. 😀
He’s French, nothing else to say really.

OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
The french man pays his taxes which pays for these places

I’d go thank him for allowing us to use their facilities

His country, his playpen

If you don’t like it you don’t have to go to France

Stay In Blighty, pay £50 a night for a much worse view 🥹

The French have laws/rules too. I am sure many of the other (all French) motorhomers would have liked an uninterrupted view too.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
40+
They left this morning so lovely clear view now. Even more annoying that they were there though. Went to bed early and left early - what was the point?
Looks like they had the best pitch,why don’t you move onto it before someone else nabs it.😉

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
Looks like they had the best pitch,why don’t you move onto it before someone else nabs it.😉

Now he's gone and there are 3 of us parked in the proper marked spaces I think anyone how arrived would be stupid to park in front of us the way he did. I would certainly say something to anyone who tried.

Lots have driven past looking for a space and none have gone there so it's good to know most people aren't tossers. I reckon there was no one else around when he arrived so maybe he decided it wouldn't be a problem.

OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
So we move on today. A beautiful spot, free to stay with toilets, water, grey and black dumping. Lots of lovely walks, cycling, a castle, a dam, a little tourist train, a beach, kids swimming pool with slides. Very quiet and peaceful. A great little find.

IMG_20240618_190400.jpg
IMG_20240618_190131.jpg

IMG_20240618_205637.jpg

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
So we move on today. A beautiful spot, free to stay with toilets, water, grey and black dumping. Lots of lovely walks, cycling, a castle, a dam, a little tourist train, a beach, kids swimming pool with slides. Very quiet and peaceful. A great little find.

View attachment 912177
and parked on the entrance road!:whistle2::doh::imoutahere::imoutahere::imoutahere:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

View attachment 912177

Anybody going to mention camping behaviour :whistle2:

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
OK - let me step to the 2 empty spots to my left. (Weirdly the only empty spaces, I wonder why???)

This is what they would see. He is in the road!

View attachment 911502
He's a French person and your in France.
A few days ago, someone on the forum said "the Brits should be more like the French"!

Wait till dark and let 2 of their tyres down! 😄

CJK

Jul 2, 2022
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2009
Why not put a beret on and whack some 🧅 round your neck and park so close to him you can pass the salt.

Then get you chairs out and admire your washing out to dry.

Then empty your grey up hill of him

Remember to say au revoir when you leave though ..,. At 0500 hrs
Think that seems like way too much effort. Have another wine - there’ll always be a tosser around somewhere.

Smokaijo

LIFE MEMBER
May 15, 2023
Guildford, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 679
Exp
My partner & I are newbies and have a fully adapted motorhome for myself with my electric wheelchair
I put this on "a view from..." thread but after decided maybe it deserved it's own thread.

After a mixed weather week at the Le Mans 24hr race we have followed the sun and headed south east towards Lyon where it is sunny and 30 degrees.

Found a lovely free Aire on the Lac de Villerest/Loire river.

View from the van....
View attachment 911469

Well, this should be everyone's view if we all parked in the marked bays. However, some entitled Frenchman made his own spot. So pan little to my right and instead of uninterrupted lake views we have.....

View attachment 911472

As I sit here with my cold Normandy cider it annoys me more and more. Maybe a few more bottles and I'll have a word. 😀
Maybe his version of “Blot on the landscape” 🙄

OP
OP
VXman
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
Sorry, if that has changed from the Search for Sites entry "Parking : 6.50 euro collect early morn" please do us all a favour and tell the S4S admin know of the change.

It certainly is. Actually, there was a entry barrier and pay machine (no longer in use but looked quite recent) and was 8 euros so I'd say S4S is very out of date or completely wrong.

Park4night is up to date

I ask the wife to do S4S as I don't have a log in.

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
It certainly is. Actually, there was a entry barrier and pay machine (no longer in use but looked quite recent) and was 8 euros so I'd say S4S is very out of date or completely wrong.

Park4night is up to date

I ask the wife to do S4S as I don't have a log in.
Thank you, these web sites are only ever as good as we users keep them.

So many folks only put changes in their reviews but I am aware that admin welcome 'edit' updates which when approved by them appear in the main details.

Oct 5, 2023
N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 696f
Exp
MH 4 years Cruisers a life time
Hey you guys and girls, really enjoyed the quips and banter on this post, even though some are too close to the bone , love the photos .cannot comment as i don't think I have the right as a newbie with only 4 years behind me and probably have annoyed someone along the line as well.
Ron

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back