Free Member
Aug 8, 2022
Waterlooville, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Started Feb 2022
Happy retirement eddievanbitz. It was nice to meet you all when we visited Lou & Steve. And again when we came back to have the alarm system fitted of course to our back to front Stanway.
Wishing Ash and the team all the best with the future. :giggle:(y)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We are still in regular contact with Terry Whiteside one of our first customers way back in 1990 with me as a young man in my twenties full head of hair and a lot slimmer lol

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Have a great retirement Eddie & Lyn and enjoy yourselves .
Thanks for all your inputs to this forum Eddie, many wise words and advice over the years.
All the best

Good luck Ash, big boots to fill!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

French Charlie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2022
Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
Funster No
MH
Auro Star V630LJ
Exp
2 years
New to the MoHo experience, and I now get that Ash is not Eddie. Didn't like to ask what seemed to be an obvious question when I was seeking advice on security and battery upgrades. Thanks Ash for your comprehensive advice, and looking forward to meeting you in the next few months once we are cleared for take-off with our new MoHo.

Aug 3, 2022
Funster No
MH
Rapido V:68
Exp
Since 2013
As a lot of you may already know eddievanbitz and Lyn have been semi retired for a while now and slowly but surely they have been stepping to one side to allow Van Bitz to run in my general care. Well today I am so proud to announce that the long awaited time has finally arrived and over the festive period they have decided to step away fully and are now going to enjoy their lives without the strain and strife of an everyday working life.

I hope you will all join me and congratulate them both on their retirement and wish them the very best with all their future endeavours. I am sure that Eddie will be popping up on the forum from time to time with his own stories and I personally will look forward to reading them (with some jealousy that I am still here slaving away).

So from this day forth I would kindly ask that anyone that has any questions whether it is concerning previous installations, new installations, or if you just need some good honest advice, please contact myself either by tagging me in a post or sending me a private message and I will reply to you as soon as I can. Alternatively if you prefer, you can call the office at your convenience on 01823 321992/353235 where either myself or one of my colleagues would be more than happy to help.

I will do my very best to help in the same way Eddie has done over the many years and I look forward to getting to know you all.

All the best

Ash
Can throughly recommend retirement ! All the best and will see you Ash whenever my new van arrives ,now slated for April . !

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
So, to business. Mortise locks for a 2018 Ducato cab. Are there any that can be locked with a key from the outside and a knob from the inside?

If so, I'd like a quote for two, supply and fit, with four keys please.

(Happy Retirement Eddie!)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I first met eddievanbitz in 2011.In his charming way, in addition to the Growler or whatever it was we had fitted, he also sold us an Avtex tv.

I can’t tell you the joy I subsequently felt about 2 or 3 months later whilst watching that very tv in the van when Wales demolished England at Twickenham to win yet another Grand Slam.

I was very fond of that tv (y)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Well today I am so proud to announce that the long awaited time has finally arrived and over the festive period they have decided to step away fully and are now going to enjoy their lives without the strain and strife of an everyday working life.

Lazy B*******`s..... :RollEyes::wink: :giggler:

Good luck Ash...

Happy times ahead Eddie & Lyn, Enjoy your retirement... :drinks:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
To Eddie and Lyn Hope you have a long and happy retirement. To Ash, I hope you can fill your dads boots and wish you success.
Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 19.28.11.png

BJKD

Free Member
Sep 21, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Frankia A class 840 BD
Exp
Since 1996
Good Luck Eddie and Lyn.
Have been in your capable hands for 18 years.
Ash is a good alternative , full of valuable information and advice.
Enjoy your Retirement.🍾🍾👌

Oct 16, 2008
littlehampton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1973
As a lot of you may already know eddievanbitz and Lyn have been semi retired for a while now and slowly but surely they have been stepping to one side to allow Van Bitz to run in my general care. Well today I am so proud to announce that the long awaited time has finally arrived and over the festive period they have decided to step away fully and are now going to enjoy their lives without the strain and strife of an everyday working life.

I hope you will all join me and congratulate them both on their retirement and wish them the very best with all their future endeavours. I am sure that Eddie will be popping up on the forum from time to time with his own stories and I personally will look forward to reading them (with some jealousy that I am still here slaving away).

So from this day forth I would kindly ask that anyone that has any questions whether it is concerning previous installations, new installations, or if you just need some good honest advice, please contact myself either by tagging me in a post or sending me a private message and I will reply to you as soon as I can. Alternatively if you prefer, you can call the office at your convenience on 01823 321992/353235 where either myself or one of my colleagues would be more than happy to help.

I will do my very best to help in the same way Eddie has done over the many years and I look forward to getting to know you all.

All the best

Ash
All the very best for your future efforts and enjoyment. Roger&Hilary.

OP
OP
AshVanBitz

AshVanBitz

Funster
Aug 7, 2018
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1989
So, to business. Mortise locks for a 2018 Ducato cab. Are there any that can be locked with a key from the outside and a knob from the inside?

If so, I'd like a quote for two, supply and fit, with four keys please.

(Happy Retirement Eddie!)
Hello DDJC,
We have never been advocates of deadlocks so we have stayed away from them over the years. The issue you will find is that a determined thief will not be deterred by the additional locks and will still attempt to break in. The problem there is that instead of simply popping a lock causing minimal amount of damage, they then get a crowbar to the door or put a brick through the window.
Unnecessary damage and considerably more inconvenience trying to get the vehicle repaired especially if you are abroad resulting in you having to cancel the remaining part of your holiday.

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
Will you be stocking Garibaldi biscuits.
Your dad promised he would get some in. 🥳
All the best to him and you taking over. A company you can trust. 👍🥃🌟

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Eddie& Lynn you have earned your retirement ( especially Lynn) I Know You Will enjoy it !
Ash , You are more than capable and have a great team. Good luck to you all👍
Cheers
Bernie & Rona

Aug 6, 2018
Amesbury, Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Best wishes to Eddie and Lynn for your retirement, and well done to Ash as well, you have built a very trustworthy and excellent company over the years that imho is second to none. And your campsite is a really nice place to stay. I was so pleased the way i was treated by you and all the team so all i can say again is well done to all take care and look after yourselve.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 14th year & still loving it.
Congratulations and all the best to Eddie and Lyn for taking the road to retirement, highly recommended.
Good luck to you Ash now you are at the helm hope it all goes smoothly for you all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back