Elon Musk has his sights set on a major world RV rollout as early as next year!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Mental health on the rise , greater gap than ever between poor and wealthy

And my favourite , no quiet overnight parking spots anymore , more height barriers , more paid carparks. More bad press against motorhomes etc etc etc

The Internet and mobile phones are the two things I wish had never been invented

Yes they do good and we all have them , but they have eroded so much in the meantime, the effects of which has yet to be truly realised but is now being talked about more and more.
I think like a lot you would like to have a motorhome yourself but have a lot less other people with one! The parking restrictions height barriers etc are there largely because motorhomes ( and converted vans) have become so popular.
I think the disparity between rich and poor is too great but is not as bad as the disparity in the past between those who were rich and those who could not afford to eat had no human rights and no access to the legal system.
To listen to a lot of people there was a rosy time in the past where people led a carefree existence with a lot of leisure time but I think the reality was very different. Tech generally is great.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
I think like a lot you would like to have a motorhome yourself but have a lot less other people with one! The parking restrictions height barriers etc are there largely because motorhomes ( and converted vans) have become so popular.
I think the disparity between rich and poor is too great but is not as bad as the disparity in the past between those who were rich and those who could not afford to eat had no human rights and no access to the legal system.
To listen to a lot of people there was a rosy time in the past where people led a carefree existence with a lot of leisure time but I think the reality was very different. Tech generally is great.
It really isn't, for your generation perhaps. But for kids etc the reality is yet to be realised , but there's already lots and lots of research emerging from the health sector as to the harm it is doing.

Not to mention how much it is relyed on and used to control , spy and manipulate the general public.

No one ever thinks the good old days were perfect. But I'd go back to how things were 40 years ago with no regrets .

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
But you need people who will take risks, push boundaries, try new ideas. Some will fail, maybe most, but the successes will shape the world.
It’s the same in any field - music, literature, art …

I don’t like the man, he repulses me, but I think what he is doing with technology will shape the world.
He is a businessman of the worst catagory, the technologies exist his behaviour is just not acceptable. If as an employee you behaved as he does your job opportunities are very slim.

Politics shape technology…

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
It really isn't, for your generation perhaps. But for kids etc the reality is yet to be realised , but there's already lots and lots of research emerging from the health sector as to the harm it is doing.

Not to mention how much it is relyed on and used to control , spy and manipulate the general public.

No one ever thinks the good old days were perfect. But I'd go back to how things were 40 years ago with no regrets .
I think in terms of mental health etc there can be some problems but is that because there are more people with mental health problems or people with mental health problems are more willing to ask for help and get diagnosed rather than being told to pull themselves together ( or like my dad in the 1940's advised to take up smoking!).
I think there was a lot of manipulation of the public in the past, people of different sexual orientation were unable to live their lives openly and often married as a cover, the poor were controlled by the state and until relatively recently didn't even have a vote, the forces recruited officers by class rather than intelligence or aptitude, people were unable to organise freely especially in countries that were colonies of other powers. It wasn't a happy life for everyone and a lot shorter harder one for most. I bet 40 years ago the old people said they wished it was 40 years before that when there weren't vehicles on the road!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson S697
You don't have diesel pumps on site. I am at a loss why anyone would expect to be able to fully charge their ev on site.

Some sites may offer it as a marketing point. But it is not necessary.
It would make sense to have both options at sites. Some people would turn up at 4pm, for 16hrs, leaving at 8am for th rest of their journey, others would turn up and stay for several days. If you look at energy as a whole.....if I have a 200 mile journey to a site (to stop overnight) whether I stopped at 180 miles, hung about for an hour while I fast charged and put 100kw into the batteries or stopped on site at 200 miles and was able to do the same...at say 7kwh over 15 hours (overnight)...staying for 2 or more nights, I can trickle charge at 2.4kwh....
To have a system that shares the load would need an over-ride facility.....I'd be mightily annoyed at being strangled to 2kwh when I have to continue my journ ey the next day and most others are staying put. (hope this all makes some sort of sense)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
I think in terms of mental health etc there can be some problems but is that because there are more people with mental health problems or people with mental health problems are more willing to ask for help and get diagnosed rather than being told to pull themselves together ( or like my dad in the 1940's advised to take up smoking!).
I think there was a lot of manipulation of the public in the past, people of different sexual orientation were unable to live their lives openly and often married as a cover, the poor were controlled by the state and until relatively recently didn't even have a vote, the forces recruited officers by class rather than intelligence or aptitude, people were unable to organise freely especially in countries that were colonies of other powers. It wasn't a happy life for everyone and a lot shorter harder one for most. I bet 40 years ago the old people said they wished it was 40 years before that when there weren't vehicles on the road!
I didn't say all technology was bad of course and ultimately a lot was created for good . But its like everything else . It gets taken to far .

The world really is in a shitty state . And electric vehicles isn't going to fix it.

It's also not going to stop or reverse the damage that's been done already.

I'm just glad I won't be around to see it. I'll drive diesel till I die hopefully no bugger will invent a way for us to live forever before I croak .

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
It would make sense to have both options at sites. Some people would turn up at 4pm, for 16hrs, leaving at 8am for th rest of their journey, others would turn up and stay for several days. If you look at energy as a whole.....if I have a 200 mile journey to a site (to stop overnight) whether I stopped at 180 miles, hung about for an hour while I fast charged and put 100kw into the batteries or stopped on site at 200 miles and was able to do the same...at say 7kwh over 15 hours (overnight)...staying for 2 or more nights, I can trickle charge at 2.4kwh....
To have a system that shares the load would need an over-ride facility.....I'd be mightily annoyed at being strangled to 2kwh when I have to continue my journ ey the next day and most others are staying put. (hope this all makes some sort of sense)
I think it does make sense to think if there is spare electrical supply it ought ideally to be available at a cost that covers any infrastructure that is required. However that is very different to people thinking that every pitch will need to have a high speed charger if EVs become the default! Apart from anything else if EVs are the default for campers they will already have become the default for cars a few years ahead. The charger network will be totally different to today as will road use and diesel vehicles most likely for most unusable

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson S697
I think it does make sense to think if there is spare electrical supply it ought ideally to be available at a cost that covers any infrastructure that is required. However that is very different to people thinking that every pitch will need to have a high speed charger if EVs become the default! Apart from anything else if EVs are the default for campers they will already have become the default for cars a few years ahead. The charger network will be totally different to today as will road use and diesel vehicles most likely for most unusable
Yes.....unless something massive takes place with the UK infrastructure/power generation....if everyone is in EVs and EV MHs, they'll only be able to go travelling when it's very windy.......

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
That's OK because they never will become the default. Not in my lifetime and certainly not in yours . 2035 will come and go and there will still be more ice on the roads than ev

Place your bets here

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
I didn't say all technology was bad of course and ultimately a lot was created for good . But its like everything else . It gets taken to far .

The world really is in a shitty state . And electric vehicles isn't going to fix it.

It's also not going to stop or reverse the damage that's been done already.

I'm just glad I won't be around to see it. I'll drive diesel till I die hopefully no bugger will invent a way for us to live forever before I croak .
EV’s a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist !
But a great money maker.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
EV’s a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist !
But a great money maker.
Yes that's how the world works now. Create a problem, gather support for that problem then create/invent/dream up the solution and charge a fortune for it.

If no one buys it force them

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
That's OK because they never will become the default. Not in my lifetime and certainly not in yours . 2035 will come and go and there will still be more ice on the roads than ev

Place your bets here
'On the roads' in 2035, I agree with you.

But sales of EV's are expected to overtake ICE before then.
EV's are only expected to overtake ICE 'on the roads' in the early 2040's on current predictions.
And even if that goes back by half a decade, anyone born in 1960's (who are the early retirees today) will still be around when fossil fuel vehicles are seen as 'old'

Most of us on here will still be around when the last diesel conventional car rolls off the production line in the UK.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
'On the roads' in 2035, I agree with you.

But sales of EV's are expected to overtake ICE before then.
EV's are only expected to overtake ICE 'on the roads' in the early 2040's on current predictions.
And even if that goes back by half a decade, anyone born in 1960's (who are the early retirees today) will still be around when fossil fuel vehicles are seen as 'old'

Most of us on here will still be around when the last diesel conventional car rolls off the production line in the UK.
At the minute they are still trying to force people to buy evs the uptake has been far far slower than they hoped.

The way things are going there wil be a war or a revolution long before 2035 ... the majority of people don't want them.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
At the minute they are still trying to force people to buy evs the uptake has been far far slower than they hoped.

The way things are going there wil be a war or a revolution long before 2035 ... the majority of people don't want them.
As the great poet Jagger wrote you can’t always get you want but if you try sometimes you get what you need….

the world of alternative powered vehicles (including EV’s ) is steam rolling down the road ( did you see what I did there re-Steam which s now obsolete in most cases 😉 )

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
As the great poet Jagger wrote you can’t always get you want but if you try sometimes you get what you need….

the world of alternative powered vehicles (including EV’s ) is steam rolling down the road ( did you see what I did there re-Steam which s now obsolete in most cases 😉 )

As I said though it's mostly by force ....and not in every country.

So will it make the least bit difference?

No ...sadly it will not. But it appeases another minority group and that seems the way of the world nowadays.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Back