Elon Musk has his sights set on a major world RV rollout as early as next year!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi all, especially Gromett
It looks like Elon Musk is well on the way to launch an all electric RV with new battery pack giving a 600 mile range, rechargeable to 80% in 10/15 minutes!
He has done his homework on the existing MH/RV market in the states and Europe and intends to break the mould on cost and performance with more bells & whistles than we could have dreamt of.
Have a look at this Tesla Video linked below , warning its very long, very repetitive, but thats always the way with US videos it would seem its the only way to drive the message home, repeat, then repeat again.
Interesting overall, if anyone can do it, he will, but I do take roll out date, and costs with a large pinch of salt.
Your comments are welcome, is this the future coming sooner than we thought, will you be ordering one? Will existing RV?MH manufacturers be concerned as they should be?
LES

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMC t789
Exp
On 4th van so not a total newbie....
If the prices hinted at are to be believed, with the range it will be a bargain.
I can't that can being correct, to get a 600 mile range it would need something like a 250kwh battery, to 80% charge that in 10-15 minutes would need chargers capable of about 800kwh! Not many of those around, and certainly not on sites.
It will come though and the huge low end torque of an electoral would be perfect for slogging up hills.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Hi all, especially Gromett
It looks like Elon Musk is well on the way to launch an all electric RV with new battery pack giving a 600 mile range, rechargeable to 80% in 10/15 minutes!
He has done his homework on the existing MH/RV market in the states and Europe and intends to break the mould on cost and performance with more bells & whistles than we could have dreamt of.
Have a look at this Tesla Video linked below , warning its very long, very repetitive, but thats always the way with US videos it would seem its the only way to drive the message home, repeat, then repeat again.
Interesting overall, if anyone can do it, he will, but I do take roll out date, and costs with a large pinch of salt.
Your comments are welcome, is this the future coming sooner than we thought, will you be ordering one? Will existing RV?MH manufacturers be concerned as they should be?
LES

If you believe this you believe anything, the first stop would be to build delivery vans 🚚 which could then be converted. Other than VW which other manufacturer builds MoHo’s

There is no way I would buy a single product owned by a Musk company his ethics are nothing to be admired.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back