Electrics Problem Rapido 9048DF (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 13, 2024
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9048DF
I have a 2011 Rapido 9048DF in excellent condition, well maintained and with only 30k miles. However, I have had a major problem with the elctrics which has been diagnosed as a failed control panel. I am using Highbridge Caravan Centre in Somerset who have been told by Rapido that they no longer supply control panels. Amazing and very disappointing. Can anyone offer any help or ideas please. Thanks.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Is it the PC320-RA panel? If so good luck finding one at a decent price, I've been looking for a little while with no joy.
What are the symptoms as it may not be totally dead

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2011
Chichester,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Wildax Hi Top
Exp
Since 2002
I have a CBE PC380ST panel for sale unused just box opened and the firm do not accept returns of any kind. I bought it for my Wildax Van and it should have been the PC380BS.

OP
OP
Weymouth
Feb 13, 2024
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9048DF
Is it the PC320-RA panel? If so good luck finding one at a decent price, I've been looking for a little while with no joy.
What are the symptoms as it may not be totally dead
Basically system is dead with no pwer to the habitation system. Am having a new distribtion fitted next week and Highbridge hope this may be the source of the problem - if not they say they are stumped! No one will/can test the control panel.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Riddle me this but our blank CBE PC320 screen has just come back to life after about 10 months of being blank. The buttons still worked so have been living with it full timing until I could justify a new unit 🤷

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Our control panel packed up after water got in last year. A new one from N&B was stupidly expensive and difficult to get. Our motorhome guy replaced the motherboard and it seemed to operate everything..fast forward a few weeks and it decided to flash randomly and beep hysterically 🙈😂...took it to France and low and behold on EHU it decided to stop playing around and actually work!! 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2015
East sussex
Funster No
MH
2002 Eura mobile
Exp
Since 2014
On a van I bought as a winter project, pilot a class on a talbot express chassis, the control panel was us. I removed it completely, fitted a good battery charger for when on hook up. Then bought a 12v switch panel & fuse board from eBay. Connected to existing wires where possible & then ran power cables to leisure batteries. Simple but did the job & looked pretty good. Probably cost about £50 max

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I can see exactly where ours needs a small repair but I daren't do it whilst all the functions are working except the display. I may risk a reflow if the offending socket but need to have some dutch courage beforehand 😂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back