Electrical diagram for Compass Kensington Avant Garde 194 ? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 30, 2023
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
New to MotorHoming
Morning all,
I recently bought my first Motorhome (Compass Kensington 194) on a Peugeot Boxer chassis.
I would like to improve its off-grid capability by increasing the solar and leisure battery capacity and perhaps changing the leisure battery to Lithium but before I start planning my upgrades I need to understand the existing electrical setup better and I'm struggling to find detailed information on the existing DC setup so ...

Does anyone have a detailed electrical diagram for my model ?
Firstly I want to know if I have a smart alternator and second how the charge is applied to the batteries ie is there a diode splitter, VSR or B-B to charge the leisure battery?

BTW I have found a basic electrical diagram for the Elddis Autoquest 194 which I believe is very similar but the diagram doesn't answer Q1 and just shows connections to the mysterious "PDU Lin50 Autoquest Accordo" without explaining the internal workings of the PDU.

Thanks in advance

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Morning all,
I recently bought my first Motorhome (Compass Kensington 194) on a Peugeot Boxer chassis.
I would like to improve its off-grid capability by increasing the solar and leisure battery capacity and perhaps changing the leisure battery to Lithium but before I start planning my upgrades I need to understand the existing electrical setup better and I'm struggling to find detailed information on the existing DC setup so ...

Does anyone have a detailed electrical diagram for my model ?
Firstly I want to know if I have a smart alternator and second how the charge is applied to the batteries ie is there a diode splitter, VSR or B-B to charge the leisure battery?

BTW I have found a basic electrical diagram for the Elddis Autoquest 194 which I believe is very similar but the diagram doesn't answer Q1 and just shows connections to the mysterious "PDU Lin50 Autoquest Accordo" without explaining the internal workings of the PDU.

Thanks in advance

Is it a BCA pdu that you that looks like this one ?

1721979504467.png

............... if so, the here is the basic schematic diagram for the BCA unit.
The relays I will imagine are purposed by each van converter to suit their requirements, but hopefully it will give you something to go on.

1721979865275.png

OP
OP
A
Aug 30, 2023
Derby, UK
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
New to MotorHoming
Thanks
Yes, thats the one (with the mains charger module in the top) - The diagram is just what I was after as a starting point

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back