HarryBet

Free Member
Sep 7, 2018
Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
company at Norfolk show selling electric motor scooters, anyone got one is so how do you transport it garage or carrier they said the weight 75kg without battery 85kg with

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
We carry a 100cc Peugeot Kisbee scooter in the garage which suits us. For me the electric scooters are vastly underpowered and have a limited range. You also need to consider how you will charge the batteries

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I am in Spain where electric scooters are everywhere. Young and old using common sense generally, wearing crash helmets. For every scooter there is one-less car parking space required. At first it was young people having fun but now evolved into transportation for work, shopping and moving freely in congested areas. Will the UK follow?

Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
I am in Spain where electric scooters are everywhere. Young and old using common sense generally, wearing crash helmets. For every scooter there is one-less car parking space required. At first it was young people having fun but now evolved into transportation for work, shopping and moving freely in congested areas. Will the UK follow?
Private ones are outlawed in public in the UK as they are I believe in Paris after a referendum........use in Spain appears to me to have died down a good deal over the last couple of years and the rental fleets just seem to be ........well, idle...!
I must admit though I love 'em......!

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
The use of scooters may have ‘died down’ but the numbers I am seeing here are on a par with bikes. In some parts there seem to be less hire scooters but around Gibraltar they dominate. I have seen ageing nuns, office workers and adults of both sexes on shopping errands. Cycle paths are well used.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
These electric scooters are from a Spanish manufacturer…

May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
I bought my e-scooter in Valencia 3 years ago after seeing how effective they were, it's great for the MH and around town (not in the UK of course, I had to bring the bike 😀 ).

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
These electric scooters are from a Spanish manufacturer…

Looks OK but I don't think the battery is a LiFePO4 so not the safest if it's going inside the van.

Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
In principle they sound ok but the range I believe is very low and how do you charge them if you are off grid all the time which we are mainly? Maybe you could with a big enough solar and battery set up. The range would still be an issue for us. Our Honda Vision 110 is also only 100kg wet anyway so not a massive weight saving either. Some days we will do over 100 miles and in Europe often up and over some huge passes in the Alps and Pyrenees. I bet a crawl up the Col du Tourmalet will flatten one of them electric scoots by the time you got half way up two up. :D

This is our little Vision. Just clocked up 12000 miles in just over two years from new. Thats a lot of charges on an electric scooter.
IMG20240714171915 (Medium).jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Looks OK but I don't think the battery is a LiFePO4 so not the safest if it's going inside the van.
It’s lithium-ion according to this…

Didn’t find any immediate hits for reported fires with this make, but only reviewed first page of a very quick Google search.

Whilst I like the idea, they’re not for me though. Yet.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
Private ones are outlawed in public in the UK as they are I believe in Paris after a referendum........use in Spain appears to me to have died down a good deal over the last couple of years and the rental fleets just seem to be ........well, idle...!
I must admit though I love 'em......!
I think at 75kg they must be referring to a motor scooter - as in a electric 'motorbike'

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
I have had one for 3 years. I transport it in the garage but the rear suspension has been beefed up with air assist. Mileage is a little limited and with off grid travelling charging can be an issue (I have 350watt solar, 3 batteries and an inverter and can do partial charges but not a full charge in one go) but it's fine is you are on a campsite. Served us well for short journies from campsite to local destinations.

Ideal for home use if you live in a town.
489b03dd50724b9dba5a3788b173d971.jpg

Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
I think there are one or two coming out with longer ranges but the issue then will be weight unless you can remove the batteries and store them forward. Sooner or later I guess its what we are going to be left with. Hopefully not for some time yet! Perhaps they will be nuclear powered by then. :ROFLMAO:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We have a couple of electric kick type scooters, the range is massive and they are light weight

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back