Electric hook-up in Europe (1 Viewer)

Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Totally new to motor homing - but very eager to learn! :)
I'm sure this has been asked but can't find it here so hence, asking now. :smiley:

Do I need another attachment/adaptor to my MH electric hook-up cable while in France/Italy? I'm thinking that as there are adaptors for regular elec plugs, it might be the same for the cable?

Oh and one more.... I've been told I would need a total cover for my lights as the normal car deflectors wouldn't work on my Elddis Accordo 105. I can't see anywhere that I can get these and researching findings seems to be just using the normal deflectors. Can I just use the ordinary deflectors??

Apr 24, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
2001 Hymer B544
Exp
Since 1992
No electrical adaptors needed and don’t worry at all about the lights. Your weedy MoHo halogen dipped beam l/h upsweep is nowadays by far the least concern for nighttime driving with so many other drivers now using 4x4 with blinding HiD and LED. It’s not something plod in any country even look at anymore, but if you remain concerned just use the normal stickers on so you have demonstrated willing.

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Ordinary deflectors.
The standard blue 16 amp hook up cable will be fine in 99% of campsites.
Just a few (mostly french) still use the old two pin connectors and in that case the reception will have an adapter you can make use of if you don't have one.

Upvote 0
Apr 28, 2022
Western France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Since 2006
Ordinary deflectors.
The standard blue 16 amp hook up cable will be fine in 99% of campsites.
Just a few (mostly french) still use the old two pin connectors and in that case the reception will have an adapter you can make use of if you don't have one.
Ordinary deflectors certainly. I have never used anything over the past 18 years but then, I only very rarely drive at night either!

The OP is very new to motor homing and in his position I would invest in a pair of the adaptors that convert both ways. Not expensive (about €20 each), often sold in larger supermarkets over here and he will not be caught out then. I also carry an extra standard extension cable so the adaptors can work with that too.

They have the Schuko male plug which is essential in Spain and often Portugal too. Someone explained the plugs fully, with photos, only a few weeks ago on here.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jacqo
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Ordinary deflectors certainly. I have never used anything over the past 18 years but then, I only very rarely drive at night either!

The OP is very new to motor homing and in his position I would invest in a pair of the adaptors that convert both ways. Not expensive (about €20 each), often sold in larger supermarkets over here and he will not be caught out then. I also carry an extra standard extension cable so the adaptors can work with that too.

They have the Schuko male plug which is essential in Spain and often Portugal too. Someone explained the plugs fully, with photos, only a few weeks ago on here.
thank you! I couldn't find anything about the plugs but now I'll try harder...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jacqo
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
No electrical adaptors needed and don’t worry at all about the lights. Your weedy MoHo halogen dipped beam l/h upsweep is nowadays by far the least concern for nighttime driving with so many other drivers now using 4x4 with blinding HiD and LED. It’s not something plod in any country even look at anymore, but if you remain concerned just use the normal stickers on so you have demonstrated willing.
Thanks for the reassurance. I'll just use the regular ones. Oh, and less of the 'weedy MoHo' - it's a beast in disguise! 😁

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Thanks for the reassurance. I'll just use the regular ones. Oh, and less of the 'weedy MoHo' - it's a beast in disguise! 😁
Think dawsey was talking about the weedy light out pit, common on all ducatos/citroen/peugeot versions lol

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back