LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
I haven't watched it but .....

LPG is a fuel gas. You can get LPG by filling up from a Pump OR by buying a gas bottle.
I bet if someone was using LPG supplied via a Calor Gas 6Kg bottle, the conclusion would not be so clear cut as people seem to be saying?

I am making this point as when it comes to motorhomes and caravans, LPG refillable system are in the minority and most use exchangable LPG bottles - but they are both bloody LPG!! So if someone when they say "LPG" means LPG via self-refillable tanks, then make that clear!
That’s the thing about the vlog. It is referencing refillable systems all most exclusively but doesn’t really clarify the much wider use of the larger bottles As used by majority of caravans, statics, patio heaters etc. it also doesn’t mention anything about one of the main reason people install refillable systems (other than cost) is the convenience of easily refilling when touring abroad. Where its use is much more widespread. That’s why I installed mine.

Too much of the vlog and comments on it was whinging on about effectively being forced to take down his original blog. Along with how upset he was feeling about it.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
I use LPG for heating if the EHU is metered. However, we are spring/summer motorhomers, so heating is less of a problem.
Anyway, we don't like it hot in the bus.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Not a criticism but that’s based on the current domestic market price for electricity.
I was chatting with a customer who supplies power plants to businesses and he told me that as current business electricity prices are roughly between £0.40 and £0.80 new customers are being quoted £1,10 ⚠️
So running an Alde heating system at 3kw could potentially lead to a 24 hour bill of £79.20 🤔
You haven’t included the travel costs for looking for the LPG 😈

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back