Effective Cleaning Solution for Tree Sap Mess on Van Roof (1 Viewer)

Aug 30, 2023
Sheffield, UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E765
Exp
Since 2003
Apologies if this has already been discussed.
My motorhome is parked on my driveway which has a Sycamore and an Oak tree overhanging from council land. I have tried to get them to cut the overhanging branches, which they have, to an extent, but have been struggling with a van roof covered in tree sap. It would be an understatement to say it was a mess.
I have tried all forms of cleaning products from alcohol hand gel to Traffic Film Remover but have never been able to clean the roof.
Last month I bought a 5 litre of Jennychem Caravan Cleaner and finally got round to cleaning the roof last week. I have a snow foam adaptor on my jetwasher and covered the roof and left it for 5 minutes. I used cold water in the jet washer and have to say the result was remarkable, this stuff is pure magic, I spent 3 hours cleaning the whole van and it has never looked so good.
Anyone suffering a similar problem, give it a go, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.
I’m gutted I never took before and after photos as I would show how good this stuff is.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
My motorhome is parked on my driveway which has a Sycamore and an Oak tree overhanging from council land. I have tried to get them to cut the overhanging branches, which they have, to an extent, but have been struggling with a van roof covered in tree sap. It would be an understatement to say it was a mess.
I have tried all forms of cleaning products from alcohol hand gel to Traffic Film Remover but have never been able to clean the roof.
Last month I bought a 5 litre of Jennychem Caravan Cleaner and finally got round to cleaning the roof last week. I have a snow foam adaptor on my jetwasher and covered the roof and left it for 5 minutes. I used cold water in the jet washer and have to say the result was remarkable, this stuff is pure magic, I spent 3 hours cleaning the whole van and it has never looked so good.
Anyone suffering a similar problem, give it a go, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.
I’m gutted I never took before and after photos as I would show how good this stuff is.
Shame you so far away I could have brought my van to you and you could show me how its done :wink:

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2020
Bolton
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
Quick question Squeakin did you dilute the caravan cleaner before the snow foam application? If so what ratio did you use?

Many thanks, Paul aka CTJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back