EES delayed again, surprise surprise!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
EU announcement today.
The European Commission has decided to delay the introduction of the Entry/Exit System (EES), the bloc's automated registry for short-stay travellers that was expected to come into force on 10 November.

The announcement was made by Ylva Johansson, the Commissioner for Home Affairs, at the end of a meeting of EU interior ministers on Thursday where the issue was discussed.

"10th of November is no longer on the table," Johansson told reporters, noting that Germany, France and the Netherlands had declared their unreadiness.

"I hope we can start as soon as possible but there's no new timeline so far. This also depends on the legal assessment that we will do and we're working on it right now.

Johannson spoke of "some concerns when it comes to the resilience of the system."

As an alternative, she said, the EU could introduce the EES in a phased-in manner "with a little step by step going into the system, not a Big Bang of all border crossing points at the same time."

However, that approach is not foreseen under the current regulation and "targeted amendments" to the legal text would be required to make it happen.

At any rate, she stressed, the gradual introduction would not start on 10 November.

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ITINEO A CLASS
Exp
Since 09 2018
And any UK visitors can stay as long as they like
said Monsieur Pinochio of the String controlled Department of Puppeteers.

Cheers🍻

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
I guessed it would not happen

I dont understand the headline "blow for holidaymakers". I think its good.

It is GB News and you expect accurate reporting?!!

It is tad irksome for me I have booked Newhaven-Dieppe back end of April, 2025 thinking I could get the fingerprinting etc done while ferry traffic is light and before peak demand at summer holiday time. Now I am not sure whether that will happen.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
It is GB News and you expect accurate reporting?!!

It is tad irksome for me I have booked Newhaven-Dieppe back end of April, 2025 thinking I could get the fingerprinting etc done while ferry traffic is light and before peak demand at summer holiday time. Now I am not sure whether that will happen.
Yes, like BBC and many others, hardly accurate

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries