Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There is no consensus.
The OP was considering a Lithium-Ion battery that is not the latest/safest option.
Ecoflow have multiple LifeP04 options.
There 3 options with "spare" electricity, dump, use NOW, store.
The only serious option is store.
I am the op, afraid I don't understand the rest of the post.

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
I see that this is not needed but wanted ... justifying the cost by using in the house for free power the free power will probably never return the outlay as with only 200w panel it's not going generate a KW a day even during the best 6 months of the year ,the inverter built in is quiet likely to fail before payback is reached and the op is likely to get fed up with putting it in and out of the van every day or two for years and will likely be away in the van for many of the better solar days ...in my opinion.
So see all the above as nonsense and buy the better lipo4 version or agree with the above buy the cheaper version or better still a cheap lipo4 power pack and still have what is soon going to become just useful occasionally but at less cost.
ALL JUST MY OPINION

Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner td590 lyseo
Exp
campervan for 5 years, motorhome since May 19
Been looking at these things for a while now, is it any good? Looks to be a good price unless you know better.
To be honest, it's not that great a buy, I paid just slightly more than that for a delta 2.
Look out for "refurbished" deals on Amazon.
I'm sure this company sell brand new units as refurbished just to keep sales figure up.
The "refurbished- unit I received was mint, boxed, with (short) manual and was guaranteed not used and unregistered!

Graydo

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It's a 100Ah battery with presumably an inverter built in to give 240 volts.

Designed for a weekend at Glastonbury charging phones and tablets. I wouldn't expect it to do anything useful in a domestic setting. :(

If you want to try storing solar power at home a few lead acid batteries and an inverter would work but don't expect you can easily connect it to your domestic supply as it won't be in phase.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have given up on it now , it just popped up in my adverts and li thought it was a good deal as had seen them at over a grand, but that is why I asked.
Just another thing why have people started calling me op when talking to me directly from another post and not in reply to the actual op.

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
I have given up on it now , it just popped up in my adverts and li thought it was a good deal as had seen them at over a grand, but that is why I asked.
Just another thing why have people started calling me op when talking to me directly from another post and not in reply to the actual op.
Just wait until Prime day on 17th July, amazon usually do the Delta2 at a special rate during their sales, we picked up ours during an amazon event at £400 below what it was selling for the week before.

Oct 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner td590 lyseo
Exp
campervan for 5 years, motorhome since May 19
Op stands for original poster.

Graydo

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
The Slaws have Bluetti version on their youtube channel obviously didnt pay for it but they make good use of it hairdryer etc when not on hook up.
That's a different scenario to the one that was being asked about originally which was to transport unused capacity out of the motorhome. If you wanted to occasionally use a hairdryer wouldn't an inverter be a lot cheaper presumably it wouldn't even need to be a sine wave one?
I agree with the post saying it's very unlikely anyone would be bothered to charge the power bank in the motorhome and carry it to the house enough to repay the outlay.

Reactions: DJT

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
The Slaws have Bluetti version on their youtube channel obviously didnt pay for it but they make good use of it hairdryer etc when not on hook up.
And Ecoflow at home which is where they inadvertently left the solar panel connection lead.
Seems that they have now decided to go down the paid advertising to get free bees. Disappointed in them.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
That's a different scenario to the one that was being asked about originally which was to transport unused capacity out of the motorhome. If you wanted to occasionally use a hairdryer wouldn't an inverter be a lot cheaper presumably it wouldn't even need to be a sine wave one?
I agree with the post saying it's very unlikely anyone would be bothered to charge the power bank in the motorhome and carry it to the house enough to repay the outlay.
As I said it wouldn't be exclusively to use in the house , it would be used around the farm as well, eg we cut trees up to half a mile away with petrol chainsaw, but I have an electric saw what I use in the yard which I could use with this thing but I'm afraid all the negatives have put me off it now.

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
My EcoFlow has been a great buy. I’ve used it in the van and in my home. It’s improved the power options/flexibility in the van. I have solar on the van, but the EcoFlow is still useful. I’m glad I bought it.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
My EcoFlow has been a great buy. I’ve used it in the van and in my home. It’s improved the power options/flexibility in the van. I have solar on the van, but the EcoFlow is still useful. I’m glad I bought it.
I think they have their place I have thought about getting one for our boat it doesn't have a shore power system. On the other hand in our motorhome with a full solar and mains power system I couldn't really see the point.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I think they have their place

They do, but the marketing of them is very slick (particularly by those who are given them to test) and many of those who end up buy them would be better off spending that cash on their vehicle systems (particularly when the buyer also purchases a solar panel to charge the thing!).

When bought for a multi-use scenario they no doubt have merit.

Ian

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
I think they have their place I have thought about getting one for our boat it doesn't have a shore power system. On the other hand in our motorhome with a full solar and mains power system I couldn't really see the point.
It very much depends on the individual needs I think. I’m often not on hook up and so the EcoFlow charges all my camera/lighting gear plus other kit I use. It runs an induction hob and a fan heater. It provides backup if the gas fails (either due to a bottle being empty or a problem with the supply as I had a while back). It’s useful in winter when my solar gain is small. And I can take it to another van should I change.

But I considered it for a while before buying, and it was part of an overall ‘power improvement’ project for my van. I managed for eight years without it, so I wouldn’t say it’s an essential buy and I wouldn’t buy one without having a good idea of what my power management overall without it is like.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
They do, but the marketing of them is very slick (particularly by those who are given them to test) and many of those who end up buy them would be better off spending that cash on their vehicle systems (particularly when the buyer also purchases a solar panel to charge the thing!).

When bought for a multi-use scenario they no doubt have merit.

Ian
As is usual on here , my op has been misunderstood, probably my lack of writing skills.
All I asked was the power pack that I linked to a good buy, I know I don't need one in the van, that is the just the opposite as I have loads of electric in the van and the idea was to take surplus electricity from the van for whatever purpose not put more in.
Subsequent posts said it wasn't the bargain that it looked like so as far as it goes, that was the end of it.
Im still looking at it but one thing that I have found is the amount of " refurbished" ones about, do they go wrong that often?

Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
I use one. I don't want to add an inverter to my van, but do want to be able to run a coffee pod machine when not on EHU. This works perfectly.

We also use it in the garden at home.

I don't have solar panels for it, as I'm usually on an EHU every few days, so charge it then.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
As is usual on here , my op has been misunderstood, probably my lack of writing skills.
No, your OP was perfectly clear. I was contributing to the wider discussion. 👍

Im still looking at it but one thing that I have found is the amount of " refurbished" ones about, do they go wrong that often?

I don’t know but there’s a number of different components in the box (battery, regulator, inverter, etc) so scope for failure I guess.

It might just be that folks discover that they’re not for them and return them? 🤷‍♂️

Ian

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
I recently purchased a Bluetti AC/70.
The price is currently £499.
It has a 768Wh LifePo4 battery (approx 60Ah) and a 1000W invertor.
We haven't yet used it in the motorhome but we will make use of it soon.
It is quite a small unit and will easily fit in one of the low level cupboards.
I hope to charge it via our solar panels using a 12v socket in the habitation area but am not sure yet how well this will work.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No, your OP was perfectly clear. I was contributing to the wider discussion. 👍

I don’t know but there’s a number of different components in the box (battery, regulator, inverter, etc) so scope for failure I guess.

It might just be that folks discover that they’re not for them and return them? 🤷‍♂️

Ian
Right then , don't want to prolong this thread, but what about this one?
Has this one got all the right stuff?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back