Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 30, 2023
Weymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
DIY Transit
Exp
On first long trip
I'm in dispute with Eco Worthy, they have supplied two dud inverters, both failed after a few hours at 90% rated load. They agreed to refund me, said they had sent the refund, then said they wont as its over 30 days. (This makes no difference in this case - they are liable to refund). After months of argument and run-around I want to take action in the small claims court. For this, ideally, I need their UK address. They dont give one on their invoices. Eco Worthy UK does not exist in Companies House - it is just a made-up name. They do ship from a UK location though. Anyone know where it is? It would count as a place of business and a claim could be served there. Ive lost the delivery package, it may be written there. Anyone else had to pursue them? They've treated me really badly, just walking away from a dud product.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Did you buy through Amazon? or Credit Card? Or both? - easier for you to claim through them.

I've warned people before that they don't have a UK operation and drop ship from an office in the USA I think (product sent from China).
Their panels have been good but never tried any of their other products.

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Hurrah! 3rd time Lucky!!! ☺️

View attachment 911713
Just an accomodation address.

They are just one of 381 companies using the same address.

HMRC now require overseas drop shippers to have a UK registration address to collect vat, etc. There's unlikely to be any actual persons connected with Ecoworthy at the business park.

Best bet as mentioned earlier, is to claim via eBay/ Amazon / your credit card, if you can.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
AlanandMayya
Nov 30, 2023
Weymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
DIY Transit
Exp
On first long trip
Thanks so much for the info you've all given me. Sadly, really sadly, I dont think I can go forward. I didnt buy with credit card or via Amazon / Ebay. Im confident I could serve the claim, and win the court judgment, but doubt I could enforce it as I cant find any assets in this country. Could try to get enforcement on the assets of their US or, say, French subsidiary .... but thats going to take real effort and I dont want this to become an obsession. Its £140. I will just chalk it up to experience and get on with enjoying life. So, despite their high advertising profile, and some good stuff as I understand, and 1 year guarantee - they have sold me a dud inverter and I just lose out. Trick is, despite the Union Flag on their website; their .co.uk email address, +44 phone number, their "EcoWorthy Ltd" ; we have all found no UK presence, let alone UK company. It is a deception, just made up to appear they have one. And anyone with no assets here can walk away from their liabilities, unless you want to try to enforce judgment abroad (possible but difficult). And my critical review never got published, despite much chasing from me, so beware all those 5 star reviews they have! So thats the big lesson Ive learned. Thanks again all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Serviceuk@ecoworthy.com

I bought 2 batteries whilst in Spain and contacted thier service dept. as I had thought they had the wrong delivery adress. I was answered promptly and also had follow up emails after the delivery. I had no issues with thier customer services responses .

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back