125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ITINEO A CLASS
Exp
Since 09 2018
Has anyone invested in an Eco Flow battery setup?

OP
OP
125BEER

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ITINEO A CLASS
Exp
Since 09 2018
Yes I have an Ecoflow delta. It’s very good,and main advantage over other makes is the speed it can charge.
Have you used it as a EHU hook up?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Yes I have,the last time we were at a ths and there was no sun for my solar and worked very well.

OP
OP
125BEER

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ITINEO A CLASS
Exp
Since 09 2018
Yes I have,the last time we were at a ths and there was no sun for my solar and worked very well.
How did you connect to your 3 pin hook up?
Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Some of the Bluetti models now have LiFePO4 batteries, which was important to me. I have it for home use not used it in the motorhome yet.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Yes I just plug into the 3 pin socket on the Ecoflow to the EHU.
Jo662 This may sound dim, but I'd not considered actually 'plugging my van into the Ecoflow'. Just plugging in the various items I use directly to the Ecoflow. Do you have a short cable with EHU van socket on one end and 3 pin plug on the other? Doing this a couple of times a day for 20 minutes would give me a tank full of onboard hot water, which is a nice thought and currently the ONLY thing which EHU gives me which solar/the Ecoflow doesn't.
Or am I misunderstanding how you use it?
Cheers.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Tonks I have used it both ways, plugging in and using individual things plugged into it.
The reason I plugged it In while I was on the ths was because after being there a week, and the lack of solar,the batteries were getting flat.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Just waiting for the summer sale (no date given but its soon and I'm on the mailing list to find out). I'm going for the Ecoflow Delta, plus panels.Seems to be the best all rounder for me.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I am looking at whether the ecoflow type option is better than a full lithium/solar upgrade....
🍻
I have both a LiFePO4 setup in my motorhome and a Bluetti so perhaps I am in a good position to comment. If you intend to use the portable power station at home and other locations as well as in your motorhome then it may be a good option. However if it is solely for motorhome use then I think you will probably be better off with an onboard LiFePO4 set up. The £ per Ah is worth thinking about.

The original reason I bought my Bluetti was to recharge our e-bikes (non removable batteries) in our car barn, which does not have power. I have also used it in 2 power cuts to power my CPAP and power our internet router. Very handy in these circumstances. It is smaller than I would need for motorhome use.

The disadvantage for motorhome only use is that by the time you have something equivalent to 100/150Ah you will be lugging around a heavy and awkward package. You will also have put all your eggs in one basket if something goes wrong. With separate components the failure of one component may be inconvenient but if one element in the power station goes wrong you will have to send everything off for repair, including the battery.

You might save some weight by getting a power station with NMC lithium but this would be at the expense of the more stable LiFePO4 battery chemistry with better battery cycle life.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
2 years
Just got the delta mini, fits under our bench seat and as the hook up socket is in a locker can connect it to the EHU, switch on and have our 240v sockets live without even going outside whenever we want. Helpful when off grid and will also charge main battery if that gets low. Haven't got a solar panel for it yet as all Eco flow ones out of stock so looking for alternatives. Can still charge it when driving though using cig lighter socket and can make sure it's topped up when on site EHU.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Just got the delta mini, fits under our bench seat and as the hook up socket is in a locker can connect it to the EHU, switch on and have our 240v sockets live without even going outside whenever we want. Helpful when off grid and will also charge main battery if that gets low. Haven't got a solar panel for it yet as all Eco flow ones out of stock so looking for alternatives. Can still charge it when driving though using cig lighter socket and can make sure it's topped up when on site EHU.

A perfect solution for when you get low on power. I mainly use mine when there is no sun for my solar panel !

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Just waiting for the summer sale (no date given but its soon and I'm on the mailing list to find out). I'm going for the Ecoflow Delta, plus panels.Seems to be the best all rounder for me.
I got my RIVER with a discount thanks to a YouTuber I follow who reviewed it. Their code has now expired, but it may be worth looking for DELTA reviews and seeing if any of them have discount codes.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
I got my RIVER with a discount thanks to a YouTuber I follow who reviewed it. Their code has now expired, but it may be worth looking for DELTA reviews and seeing if any of them have discount codes.
Yup, they have all moved allegiances from Jackery to Ecoflow.Loyalty is brief where freebies are concerned 😉

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
True, but in this case the YouTuber concerned didn't get their RIVER as a freebie, they bought it. :)
Good to hear.The Ecoflow clearly has some advantages over the others so credit card ready for the summer sale.Hope they don't all then start bringing out LiPo4 versions just as I make a long term investment.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Good to hear.The Ecoflow clearly has some advantages over the others so credit card ready for the summer sale.Hope they don't all then start bringing out LiPo4 versions just as I make a long term investment.
Quite possible now that Bluetti are doing so for some of their models.

Neckender

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I’ve just won a new Jackery explorer 1000 for £579 on eBay a great piece of kit, as our VW T6.1 is used for weekend rallies and this will run my CPAP machine and cool box.

John.

963AB39B-32BA-4C27-9F1C-1AFABC8608E8.png

<Broken link removed>

Justus3

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Vivaro conversion
True, but in this case the YouTuber concerned didn't get their RIVER as a freebie, they bought it. :)
Think I know who you mean. They are always clear about if they get given stuff and if they buy it. Shame others don’t make it clear for all to see.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 874
Exp
240 volt speed of charge is so good compared to my Jackery 1000! I bought a Delta Max a few weeks ago and used it as a EHU yesterday for the first time. Sherwood Pines this weekend also for the first time. After Friday night on my LiFePO4 110AH leisure battery (240v dog fan running all night) I woke up to only 30% power remaining on Saturday morning, so then I needed EHU due to lack of sunshine. I plugged in the Delta Max (I have a short EHU lead running through the floor that allows hook up with the Battery inside the cab). The 300 watt solar panels only recovered the LiFePO4 to around 70% before before sunset. This morning I woke up to 50% on both LiFePO4 and the Delta Max, which I was pretty pleased with. When I got home I plugged in the Delta Max into the mains and it was charged back to 100% in around 50 minutes which opens up so many quick charge options compared to the Jackery that you'd have to leave unattended for hours to get the same charge. Solar and 12 volt charge on the Delta Max is the same slow process as the Jackery unless you have a huge solar array, but the 240 volt charge is a game changer for me, although a bit bulky to charge at the local pub whilst having a beer, but I'm sure it could be done!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!
I just bought an EcoPower Delta. I already had two 150w solar panels I had bought for £200 the pair. EcoFlow provide the lead you need from RC4 to Delta. Excellent. I read that connecting in series doubles the voltage whilst keeping the current down to below 10Amps (which it needs). By going in series, to 50volts, (10-95v are acceptable), it registers the watts plus calculates the time to charge. Regularly getting 280watts which charges really quickly.
I have it all on a trial/lash-up at present, ready to go on the roof of my new van when it arrives in June.
We almost never hook up to mains as we Aires/BritStop/FrancePassion/Stellplatz, so I am going to hardwire it into the van via the 240v input cable so that it keeps the other batteries topped up via the EBL. Also all 240v sockets will be usable throughout the van without hookup. I may switch the 240v breaker for the fridge off and just keep it as 12v or gas AES.
Simple solution, I hope. It will also charge all the bikes , tech, tools etc in the garage. I plan to blank off the pins on the ehu so they cannot go live from the Delta.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2015, still learning
So is it now a better option to rig the panels on the roof to run it through the EcoRiver to the 240v and so be able to run the 240 sockets while charging the batteries through the built in charger rather than go lithium and an inverter. This is genius. Wish I’d know before going conventional.
Unfortunately with my charging regieme and lack of solar in storage I’ve had to go lead acid and not installed an inverter. I have 370 watts solar in parallel.
food for thought though!
thank you.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
VW 2005 T5 Campervan
Exp
Since September 2018
Ok, so a question from a complete numpty but very interested motorhomer who has a single lead acid 100amph leisure battery and has been considering a portable solar panel, to give a little more piece of mind when occasionally off grid or on a ths.
Fitting lithium is not an option on a 22 year old van as too much reworking of cables is required plus charging units, plus , most importantly, cost.
A lithium battery alone is sub £700.
Will one of these power stations be ok connected to MY ehu connection to power my 240v sockets and will my lead acid leisure battery be ok being charged from said portable charger which is lithium?
Very very interested in this possible system as it could possibly remove the need for either 2 lead acid 12v batteries ( only have space for 1) to give me sufficient capacity and the need for an inverter to power a small rice cooker or 600w microwave?
Look forward to any help.
😊

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
VW 2005 T5 Campervan
Exp
Since September 2018
240 volt speed of charge is so good compared to my Jackery 1000! I bought a Delta Max a few weeks ago and used it as a EHU yesterday for the first time. Sherwood Pines this weekend also for the first time. After Friday night on my LiFePO4 110AH leisure battery (240v dog fan running all night) I woke up to only 30% power remaining on Saturday morning, so then I needed EHU due to lack of sunshine. I plugged in the Delta Max (I have a short EHU lead running through the floor that allows hook up with the Battery inside the cab). The 300 watt solar panels only recovered the LiFePO4 to around 70% before before sunset. This morning I woke up to 50% on both LiFePO4 and the Delta Max, which I was pretty pleased with. When I got home I plugged in the Delta Max into the mains and it was charged back to 100% in around 50 minutes which opens up so many quick charge options compared to the Jackery that you'd have to leave unattended for hours to get the same charge. Solar and 12 volt charge on the Delta Max is the same slow process as the Jackery unless you have a huge solar array, but the 240 volt charge is a game changer for me, although a bit bulky to charge at the local pub whilst having a beer, but I'm sure it could be done!
Very interested in how you connect direct to your ehu socket.
Mine is outside the van and would not want a unit like this outside.
Any pictures or diagrams.
Thanks 😊

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
2 years
Ok, so a question from a complete numpty but very interested motorhomer who has a single lead acid 100amph leisure battery and has been considering a portable solar panel, to give a little more piece of mind when occasionally off grid or on a ths.
Fitting lithium is not an option on a 22 year old van as too much reworking of cables is required plus charging units, plus , most importantly, cost.
A lithium battery alone is sub £700.
Will one of these power stations be ok connected to MY ehu connection to power my 240v sockets and will my lead acid leisure battery be ok being charged from said portable charger which is lithium?
Very very interested in this possible system as it could possibly remove the need for either 2 lead acid 12v batteries ( only have space for 1) to give me sufficient capacity and the need for an inverter to power a small rice cooker or 600w microwave?
Look forward to any help.
😊
These have an inbuilt inverter so if you connect the 240v output to your van’s 240v input the van will work just the same as if on EHU as long as there is charge and you don’t exceed maximum load capacity of the inverter. So yes you 240v sockets can be used within that capacity and yes you can top up your onboard lead acid battery via your existing charger. But you will eventually run out of charge unless you top the new battery up either from mains, solar or 12v while driving.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift 604 Corniche
Exp
Since 2012
We recently invested in a Bluetti/Power Oak AC200P unit.we got it primarily for the motorhome so we didn’t have to rely on hook up with the ever increasing charges for camp sites.
Anyway for the first few weeks we couldn’t get away so we used it on an evening in our front room plugging it into our corner socket which powers a a 55” OLED TV, a Sky Q box, modem/router, and a Hive hub.
We use it for around 5 or 6 hours per night and the charge percentage drops to about 40- 50% at the most.
We have used it 2 nights running several times and the least it has dropped to is 18%. It’s worth noting it’s recommended to not let the power drop below
10%.
i bought it along with 3 x 200W solar panels and made up a double 10M MC4 cable
This is so I can leave the unit in situ in the shower room in our van and trail the cable to plug into the solar panels outside. Also the three pin hook up cable plugs into the three pin socket on the unit and goes out of the window and simply plugs into the van Hook up.
We had a test run recently and went away for two nights without camp hook up at Lakeside Park Castle Howard
only £12 a night.
When we booked in the guy looked at our van and gave a quizzical look and said “ can I ask why you opted for no hook up”….I explained.
Have to say we were very pleased with the results. We watched TV each night for around 4 hours, used the microwave for a total of about 12 minutes And charged our phones and iPads.The fridge was on gas and other cooking was gas too.
The unit had 22% left when we set off home.
It has been said before it is heavy ….27Kilo.
As are the 3 solar panels 6.5 Kilos each which on this occasion we chose not to take with only being away 2 days.
We can always find ways to save weight elsewhere.
I have since added a compatible Allpowers 200W solar panel which was on offer on eBay at £240… £60 cheaper than Amazon.
When linked together the four panels perform very well, inputting close to 700W at times in direct sun.
I was going to make a small trolley to move the unit from room to room at home but was lazy and I just purchased a Stanley trolley on Amazon for £27. It’s just the right size and works very well.
As I said at the beginning my prime reason for getting the unit was for more freedom in our motorhome but realistically we will use it far more at home .
I have to add the whole set up was expensive (£2795 for the unit on an Easter offer and 3 panels RRP £3500) and I did previously consider upgrading to a lithium battery set up for the van.
I am glad I opted for this option though as of course we will benefit in future years using it in the house.
It has a lifespan of 3000 cycles after which the capacity drops to 80%.
so all being well we should expect to get a good 10 years use out of it.
Anyway to sign off I would like to thank fellow Motorhomefun users for advice given before I took the plunge and ordered the unit…..Cheers🍻

Attachments

• E2B63693-F458-4E3B-A6E7-E9FB6AB0C407.jpeg
    E2B63693-F458-4E3B-A6E7-E9FB6AB0C407.jpeg
    462.3 KB · Views: 59

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back