EBL 104-3 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 29, 2024
Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B640 (1999)
Exp
Fitted a new 10a solar regulator currently charging the hab batteries via the solar input on the EBL
New regulator has a 2nd battery function for the cab battery.
Now I can read a circuit diagram but I gotta admit the Schaudt ones leave me stumped
Anyone know what terminals I need to tap into on the EBL to trickle charge the cab battery without having to run 2 new + and - leads from the controller (situated next to the EBL) to the engine bay?

Attachments

• EBL 104-3 Circuit Diagram with notes English.pdf
    864.3 KB · Views: 30

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Pictures of the regulator and the EBL socket may help.
I have the Votronic regulator that gives a 1 amp supply to the cab battery, Mine is the EBL 220 and the 3 pin solar socket has connections for negative, hab battery and engine battery. So all runs through the EBL but i cant see any reason why you cant run a wire straight from the reg to the cab battery.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
As dunnah01 says. The wires are doubled up because of the amps limitation of the terminals (about 15A). If it's only an amp or so, you can connect to just one. Several ways to do it.
Strip some insulation from a wire to terminal 3 or 6, splice a wire to the exposed copper, and wrap tape round it. Maybe use a crimp bit cut off a crimp spade terminal to crimp them together.
Or remove the crimp terminal from the shell, and crimp the wire plus an extra wire to a new terminal, and re-insert back into the shell.
Or get a male and female 9-way MNL connector, and make a short extension (a few centimetres) with an extra wire crimped onto terminal 3 or 6.
The negatives of the starter and leisure batteries are connected together anyway, so you can probably not wire the starter negative. Or connect it straight to the leisure negative at the solar controller. It's only a trickle charge, so no voltage drop problems.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sharpcroft
May 29, 2024
Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B640 (1999)
Exp
That's the plan I was just struggling to make head nor tail of the diagram. It's only a 10a solar controller and It does max 5a to B1 (selectable as a %) but gives priority to B2 so I'm never going to be pumping a lot B1 way, it's just to keep it topped up on the week's I'm not out and about. A couple of decent wagu connectors should do the job

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sharpcroft
May 29, 2024
Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B640 (1999)
Exp
Sorted. Cab battery had dropped below 12v due to the hab alarm system but have now cabled battery 2 solar via 6 and 1 it's the solar controller is happily telling me that hab battery is charged so cab battery is getting 50% of the theoretical 10a solar input, will check in a day or 2 and see if I have 12v+ which will mean it's all fine and dandy. Cheers for the help and I now have a better understanding of the tube map that is the 104-3 wiring diagram

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back