Ducato Warning lights on Speedo (1 Viewer)

May 9, 2023
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Summit Prime 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
These 2 orange warning lights have been appearing intermittently ever since I got a Fiat Ducato S8 last year. At top of speedo and generally both of them together as in photo. Mostly in rain with traffic. Any idea what they mean? Should I be reporting them to Fiat as under warranty?

20240403_111906.jpg

OP
OP
PlymBob
May 9, 2023
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Summit Prime 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
The one on the right is telling you collision avoidance is turned off. Can't see the other one too blury.
The other one is almost identical but an exclamation mark ! instead of an OFF

Aug 26, 2022
North Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
Hobby Vantana
Exp
Since 2013
These 2 orange warning lights have been appearing intermittently ever since I got a Fiat Ducato S8 last year. At top of speedo and generally both of them together as in photo. Mostly in rain with traffic. Any idea what they mean? Should I be reporting them to Fiat as under warranty?

View attachment 884429
Quite normal for a Mk 8 with the driver assist system, and It's a warning to tell you that the emergency braking system is off line.. Expect this to happen when your windscreen has been fogged up (as per normal when camping without a screen cover on and you get condensation), or in very heavy rain or with a dirty windscreen in front of the camera. This is due to the front camera (located in the black box where the rear view mirror should be located) being obscured by "atmospheric conditions" and it does not like that. It will also go off in very strong and low sunlight.
Once you get your windscreen demisted, or the other conditions go away, it should clear by itself.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Strange thing is it only works after you to have hit something it puts the brakes on to stop you bouncing off and hitting other vehicles. Well that's the way I read it.

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Strange thing is it only works after you to have hit something it puts the brakes on to stop you bouncing off and hitting other vehicles. Well that's the way I read it.
RRD. Ricochet Reduction Device?
Mike.

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.

Where have you read that?

Such systems normally use the parking sensors to detect if you are going to stop in low speed manoeuvres and if you ignore the warning apply the brakes.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Where have you read that?

Such systems normally use the parking sensors to detect if you are going to stop in low speed manoeuvres and if you ignore the warning apply the brakes.
That's what I thought until I read Fiat's description of it I think it's was in their website.

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
That's what I thought until I read Fiat's description of it I think it's was in their website.

No that's 'post collision braking'. And works when someone hits you not when you hit something.

Not collision avoidance.

Looking at the graphic again it looks like it's that particular system that it represents.

Screenshot_20240410-194658.png

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022
North Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
Hobby Vantana
Exp
Since 2013
It applies brakes when the frontal camera detects an obstacle, before crashing.
Mine has triggered a few times, mostly when cyclists or pedestrians appear from nowhere or often when it sees a car parked on the offside but can't see the left hand bend that I am about to go around and thinks I am going to go straight ahead and clout the car, as I have not come off the throttle. This results in a BIG noise, flashing warning notice and as I have usually already reacted to the hazard, I have never been aware of the brakes coming on.
Keeps you on your toes - if nothing else šŸ˜œ

Mar 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
In my 2021 Ducato that warning comes on when the Sensor in the rear view mirror cluster is either blinded by the sun or by on coming headlights when dark and no street lighting. As lenny says its the collision avoidance and also if switched on, the Speed limit sign notification.

My version displays a message in the dashboard, but not sure what a newer Ducato shows there. Must just be a warning light if no message is displayed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2022
North Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
Hobby Vantana
Exp
Since 2013
I wonder if there's a way to turn it off?
I have a pioneer radio head unit so there are no menu links via radio as with a Fiat head unit. But I can turn mine off by using the menu buttons on the steering wheel.
When it's off you still get the warning lights to tell you it is not active - so I just leave it on and accept that at times it will be having misty/light condition issues šŸ„“

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back