Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 21, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Benivan 120
Exp
since Feb 2018
Advice on which OBD to buy please? I have a Fiat ducato 21 plate 9 speed automatic 180 bhp/ power? Is it simple to plug in/reset codes? Im just thinking ahead as no faults now but used one regularly on my vw T6 and was simple to buy/ use! A search on the forum brings up far too much stuff/ confusing sorry.

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
First thing you need to know is which SGW it has if it is not built into the ECU then it is bypassable with a plug in lead..if this is the case go to gendan website all will be revealed multi euscan,do a Google search and mhf lots of info

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
as oldiesontour says First thing you need to know is which SGW it has if it is not built into the BCM then it is bypassable with a plug in lead. Now its the time to get lucky 21 is the time when there was transfer from one to tother, so you could have either. The older bypassable module is in the rear of the glove box drawer.
the following statements are french in origin
SGW appeared on 24/02/2019 on Series 6 (Fiat code 6Y, nuovo ducato euro6d). 2.3 Adblu (the modification number 23582, changes the glove box drawer.) (In UK this model didn't surface until sept 19.)
Ducato (Series 7c, ducato FCA 2021), SGW is integrated to BCM.
So its entirely possible for a french van (eg Rapido, Pilote) to be fitted with SGW 6 months ahead of a British converted van.

As to which sofware hardware i would still reccomend Multiecuscan even if it can only read and not the usefull writing. Generic readers wont be able to read Fiat specific stuff.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Advice on which OBD to buy please? I have a Fiat ducato 21 plate 9 speed automatic 180 bhp/ power? Is it simple to plug in/reset codes? Im just thinking ahead as no faults now but used one regularly on my vw T6 and was simple to buy/ use! A search on the forum brings up far too much stuff/ confusing sorry.
Sorry missed the bit about is it simple to reset buy use short answer is if you have the bypassable sgw then it's not too difficult you will need ideally a windows laptop the correct set of leads and ultimately a licenced copy of multi eu scan a bit of expense and faffing but more or less the same as fiat pro use and charge £160 up just to diagnose let alone align replacement parts,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back