Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Its very easy to "manipulate" the on line prescription ordering service for your meds, I know this because OH has a good, but these days well stocked medicine cupboard with a couple of rarer specific Parkinsons drugs. Its just as well that she has a surplus as we have encountered recently delays in getting certain drugs on time. I would say that out of her list of a dozen drugs or so, there will normally be a couple missing, awaiting delivery due to low stock, so its best to have a few stashed away.
As for seeing a GP, I have never felt so unprotected against illness as we do now, I phoned the surgery about the wife's consistent coughing and shortage of breath last week, only to be told by the receptionist that her husband had the same problem over xmas and "He Nearly Died" Not much chance of getting any anti biotics if its a viral infection, you just have to rest, take paracetamol until it subsides, or turns into Pneumonia then you may get seen, but via A&E at the hospital.
LES

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Don't know how my mother's GP did it never asked but he always made sure that mother had sufficient drugs to keep her for the time they were away and spare so if they got delayed there was no panic.
A rare doctor now who knew his patients, and lived amongst them I will be forever grateful
As for my doctor got no idea who they are on the communal list

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back