Double glazed side windows good heavens vicar. (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
we have just left autoglas Zentrale Melle. They have removed both cab side windows and replaced both panes of glass each side. 4 new double glazed panes in total. Only slight failure and only noticeable in certain weather conditions. Specific parking for motorhomes with hook up and water on each post. They do loads of motorhomes especially windscreens hence all the facilities. Great efficiency and organisaton but they were horrified when I tried to get them to fit same thickness laminated single glazed. No, no, no they will get condensation. It could be done they said but the dealer, who is paying ordered double glazed units. If I was paying I would have insisted. The adjacent window either side is single glazed and so is the windscreen, more like it is doing themselves out of business. They said between 5 and 10 years was normal before failure Oh Please!. I will post pics before and after when we return in 2 weeks. Oh cost you are thinking, well they told me what the bill is and even showed me. I need a lie down. If I was paying the nearest German kanal would be getting another casualty. Get the beers out tonight hic hic hooray.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Have to say the 2 fixed windows were perfect but replaced anyway as dealer ordered them, full marks there to the dealer. At least if windscreen needs replacing it will be an insurance job. Will somebody please nip round and put my side window through if they fail again.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Come on then How much(y) yes I know you didn't pay.

Or do we have to guess, well you could get 4 glass panels made for less than £400, so its say €2000+tax.

Martin

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
You are not far off Martin,1300 euros per side so 2600 euros bill for the dealer. Zentrale autoglas were very professional unlike the jokers in the U.K called PSV glass, what a complete runaround they gave us. Will do a review of both when we get back. Been to variomobil today in Bohmte wow amazing vans.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You are not far off Martin,1300 euros per side so 2600 euros bill for the dealer. Zentrale autoglas were very professional unlike the jokers in the U.K called PSV glass, what a complete runaround they gave us. Will do a review of both when we get back. Been to variomobil today in Bohmte wow amazing vans.
Interesting that PSV glass didn't shine, Vario-mobil(y) did you get a look around the factory,

See if they have any Star's at about 8 metres going cheap.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Interesting that PSV glass didn't shine, Vario-mobil(y) did you get a look around the factory,

See if they have any Star's at about 8 metres going cheap.

Martin

Yes had a look around amazing vans only had huge ones though, why on earth they don't have the smaller ones available to look at is mystifying, they said they start from 7 metres, well can I see one I said. No we haven't any??
PSV I would to know if anybody has had had their side windows replaced by them or is purely talk.
Caz said this is nice how much is it, 546,700 euros, money aside though absolutely stunning.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes had a look around amazing vans only had huge ones though, why on earth they don't have the smaller ones available to look at is mystifying, they said they start from 7 metres, well can I see one I said. No we haven't any??
PSV I would to know if anybody has had had their side windows replaced by them or is purely talk.
Caz said this is nice how much is it, 546,700 euros, money aside though absolutely stunning.
I think the trouble is that they dont make enough to have a showroom full to look at, when we were there they just happened to have a Star on a Sprinter chassis but that didn't float my boat as not enough storage.

Hopefully we will get to Dusseldorf and have a peep at what they have there.

I wonder if you got the right guy at PSV.

Martin

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I think the trouble is that they dont make enough to have a showroom full to look at, when we were there they just happened to have a Star on a Sprinter chassis but that didn't float my boat as not enough storage.

Hopefully we will get to Dusseldorf and have a peep at what they have there.

I wonder if you got the right guy at PSV.

Martin

Long story PSV, firstly dealt with someone called John after many calls, he promised all sorts, yes we can do it we can even come to your house, remove them and fetch them back. If something sounds too good to be true it usually is. Then dealt with a top guy who got involved, said John was just an agent for them etc, few emails exchanged and the guy promised to ring us the next morning. No call, nothing, we tried to ring him a few times but was in meetings and they said he would be passed the messages and ring back but never did. Top man was called Richard Greene, total waste of space. At one point we told the German dealer to cancel Zentrale autoglas which he did, after totally false promises, we then fought hard to get it re-instated which we eventually did,

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Long story PSV, firstly dealt with someone called John after many calls, he promised all sorts, yes we can do it we can even come to your house, remove them and fetch them back. If something sounds too good to be true it usually is. Then dealt with a top guy who got involved, said John was just an agent for them etc, few emails exchanged and the guy promised to ring us the next morning. No call, nothing, we tried to ring him a few times but was in meetings and they said he would be passed the messages and ring back but never did. Top man was called Richard Greene, total waste of space. At one point we told the German dealer to cancel Zentrale autoglas which he did, after totally false promises, we then fought hard to get it re-instated which we eventually did,
Jon Scrimshaw or Richard Green are the names I have, pity they didn't come through though.

Martin

TrebleH

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto, Iveco
Well, 1300 euro's isn't bad, I tried Concorde for replacement window and they quoted £2500 as they will only sell the complete window!!!I also tried Ship-Car the manufacturers in Italy and they wouldn't sell me anything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Ours is in at Lowdhams as we speak to have all the front side DG glass changed due to failure (warranty)

I did ask if they would just supply and let me fit them as it would only have to be done once then, but they insisted on fitting.

From experience every other repair they have done I have had to rectify myself so not holding my breath.☹️

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Well, 1300 euro's isn't bad, I tried Concorde for replacement window and they quoted £2500 as they will only sell the complete window!!!I also tried Ship-Car the manufacturers in Italy and they wouldn't sell me anything.

Zentrale Autogas Melle are really professional and do loads of motorhomes hence the specific motorhome overnight facilities, with hook up and water although if mine go again I would be having a bash myself.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back