Don't blame the fridge check everything. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
I started the season with what I thought was a suspect fridge and/or electrickery connection.

At the bash I had no 12v, control board lit up bright red. Fellow Funster was selling a battery so got me out of the mire. Discussion with several Funsters pointed the finger at the fridge 12v supply. Moved on to the next rally where I had EHU. Back home I had the leisure batteries tested and both failed a load test. New fitted and off we go. All good.

Checking yesterday after 2 weeks not using the bus, only 12.7v at the battery. Plugged EHU on and today back to 12.9 (after disconnecting EHU for 30 minutes). Despite the rain I would expect the solar to keep it up to 12.9-12.10.

I clicked the fridge onto 12V and it would not light the LED up. Started engine and it did, working as it should, turned engine off and it stayed on 12v for 12 minutes before the LED went off.

Sat there trying to get the old grey cells working, to be true I was just day dreaming, and thought the Truma clock needs adjusting. Then it hit me, I (yes me) had not turned the display panel off since last year. Small drain but enough to kill the batteries over the winter. I had a spark of brain power and also switched the aerial booster off which had also been on since last year although not used the TV this year. Both of these have direct power so would not have been switched off via the control panel should I ever do that.

This winter I will do a monthly EHU charge. I don't expect there to be any problem going forward.

Happy camping, time to get my name down for some rallies, and change the taps for the new ones I bought 2 years ago.

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
The led will stay on for up to 15 mins this is to ensure of you have an auto fridge it will not fire up on gas, when you are maybe filling up with fuel or log. The light is on to show the other circuits are locked out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back