Don’t get “Air conned” by Fiat. (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 SLT
Had my motorhome in to Fiat dealership to check cab Air con, I had carried out some checks myself and although there was power at plug to compressor the clutch would not engage. Having looked at lots of you tube videos I knew it was possible to renew the clutch coil. So when I was told it was going to be £2000 to repair by Fiat as they do not replace the clutch or coil only the whole compressor I was a bit shocked.
I bought a used compressor for £75 from eBay after matching the part numbers and although I had to “ manufacture“ a puller to remove the clutch it stripped down very easily, basically 1 10 mm bolt and 2 circlips. I then carried out the same procedure on the van without removing the compressor so no need to clean / flush/ recharge the refrigerant system and rebuilt with the clutch coil from other compressor. Had to remove front O/s wheel, lower engine cover and wheel arch splash guard to improve access and stretch drive belt but other than that it was a very simple job. Cost me about £90 ( bought a stretch belt removal tool as well as the 2nd hand compressor) but I have since found the clutch coil for £25 on Rexbo (see pic) All working fine again certainly better than £2000 and now have a spare compressor so please be aware if this happens to you! Could do some pics of strip down if anyone interested.👍🏻

IMG_3043.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back