Dometic RMDT8505 Fridge on Gas - weak flame is not cooling. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 7, 2023
Burnley, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-line
Exp
Since 2005
Hi all,

I know these fridges can be rather temperamental but am after some guidance in case there is some fix I have not tried yet. Basic issue is that the fridge has decided to not cool on gas. It was fine 6 weeks ago in France with silly hot temperatures, but just away this week in the UK in moderate temps and the flame is 'weak' at best. It 'roars' briefly for a few seconds on ignition and then just settles down to a moderate flame. I had a similar issue just before we headed to France, cleaned the flue and the burner nozzle with the compressed air blow through 'fix', though it did not resolve it immediately, on topping up the gaslow and switching over to the secondary bottle, the flame came back to life and would happily roar, cool and freeze whenever we were without EHU on sites.

So, re-appeared this morning as an issue, we only set off Saturday night and the fridge had been on EHU for 36 hours by then, it was hot here yesterday ( high 20's ) but we were out of the van all day and did not notice until this morning for breakfast that milk was not chilled and on checking the ice cubes had defrosted.

Removed the cover, blew through to see if any flue debris, but nothing obvious ?
Next step to check ?
Any other button presses or things to try ?
It was serviced in February this year, model is an RMDT8505 Tec Tower Fridge, Freezer and Oven top.

Cheers all.

Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
Have you taken off and used compressed air on the pipe that immediately supplies gas to the burner. Had a similar problem, on our fridge, and the cause was debris in this pipe.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
No expert but I would be checking the gas jet next. May be partially blocked or need replacing.

OP
OP
MarkHoughton
Jun 7, 2023
Burnley, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-line
Exp
Since 2005
No expert but I would be checking the gas jet next. May be partially blocked or need replacing.
Have ordered a new burner unit with jet , but hoping to find a solution in the interim.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
The burner now come with the jet as part of the burner not separate as it used to be,thought it was missing ,mine came from dometic Germany.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
The burner now come with the jet as part of the burner not separate as it used to be,thought it was missing ,mine came from dometic Germany.
Good luck with that ⚠️
Is it the one piece brass type ?
They are a nightmare
IMG_1737.png

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
yes it’s the one piece brass one ,the Dometic paperwork that came with it showed a x on the jet and when I rang technical said not to use it ?Itseems to be working ok.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Can you enlarge on the nightmare?
You can see from the technical bulletin dated 2019 they have a known issue with these one piece brass burner jets , so why would they still be fitting them years later ?
As you can see they state that the issue allegedly only affects around 10 percent , more likely only 10 percent of owners are operating their fridges on gas ⚠️

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back