Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 27, 2011
Kilmun, Dunoon
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sport TI
Exp
Since 2012
The fridge works great on electric but not on gas. I have had an endoscope down the flue which looks really clean. The ignition is working fine now after gently hitting the gas valve which have a reputation for sticking. Tonight when its dark I will have a really good look at the flame to see the size of it. I am now beginning to think the flame may be too small to generate the heat in the flue for it to work efficiently. When on AC or from the alternator both have their own heaters so the coolant element of the system must be fine. I wonder if the gas valve is not opening fully to get a decent flow ?
Any idea how big the flame should be would be helpful. Cleaned all the pipework and nozzles from gas valve also. Any thoughts appreciated. 30c in the shade here. Too hot.

Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
Flame should be blue about 20mm high and 10mm wide ,, probably your issue is the failing solenoid ... i recently replaced mine .

OP
OP
Neil n Pat
Jul 27, 2011
Kilmun, Dunoon
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sport TI
Exp
Since 2012
spot on many thanks. Took the solenoid out which was a real pain getting the top screw out. Both solenoid resistance values around 49 ohms. Tested with a double AA battery with both coils pulling 30mA and clicking after a night soaked in switch cleaner with the occasional knock with a hammer. Refitted and hey presto worked with a great flame unlike before. 139 pound on EBay for a replacement. Will replace with a new one once back in UK. atb.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I good at those, but re a Dometic fridge freezer 3 way..... Hook up, self explanatory, gas, self explanatory... But 12v only works if engine on. Is there an easy way to make fridge work off the two leisure batteries when engine switched off, of course.?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I good at those, but re a Dometic fridge freezer 3 way..... Hook up, self explanatory, gas, self explanatory... But 12v only works if engine on. Is there an easy way to make fridge work off the two leisure batteries when engine is switched off, of course.?
I think some Continental vans have that facility.

In British vans it would probably need separate wires and switches.

You need decent batteries, as these fridges are very inefficient on electric (12v or 240v).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back