Dometic oven driving me to drink (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Often visit pub at home, come back, dinner on, another gin or vodka, all well with the world.

Forgot how shit domestic (tower) ovens are in the motorhome.

Visited pub as per normal, 2 pints, pie and chips in oven, now on 3rd vodka and orange (home measures ;)) waiting for food. Chips are soggy, pie looks anemic, losing the will to live, another vodka has appeal. Should I ring AA?

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Often visit pub at home, come back, dinner on, another gin or vodka, all well with the world.

Forgot how shit domestic (tower) ovens are in the motorhome.

Visited pub as per normal, 2 pints, pie and chips in oven, now on 3rd vodka and orange (home measures ;)) waiting for food. Chips are soggy, pie looks anemic, losing the will to live, another vodka has appeal. Should I ring AA?
Do they deliver take aways if not call the chippy or go back to pub for bar snack 🤔

OP
OP
Bustup15

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Do they deliver take aways if not call the chippy or go back to pub for bar snack 🤔
Well, you can persuade Mrs B to change out of her pj's :X3:. Or I could go on my own, have a bar snack ...........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Such as ? Done the insulation blankets.
Thought I'd keep you guessing.
Greasing the hinges with ceramic grease makes a big difference it allows the door to close properly.

OP
OP
Bustup15

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Thought I'd keep you guessing.
Greasing the hinges with ceramic grease makes a big difference it allows the door to close properly.

🤔🤨😤

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
I would suggest you replace the oven with an 'air fryer' which really is just a portable convection oven. I just bought one for use in the motorhome (when I get it) and have been doing trials. I must say it has me convinced for the van. It is not as good as the home oven, but it does cook really well and in very short times.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back