Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
This just happened to me. Checked it out and the burner although lit did not cool the fridge. Turned out I needed a new burner which I ordered off eBay, cost £74. Check the fridge on EHU and 12v first to see if the fridge works OK then Get the burner checked by removing the bottom outside cover, it could just need cleaning. I refitted my new burner and all works just fine.
Phil

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sue coulson
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
This just happened to me. Checked it out and the burner although lit did not cool the fridge. Turned out I needed a new burner which I ordered off eBay, cost £74. Check the fridge on EHU and 12v first to see if the fridge works OK then Get the burner checked by removing the bottom outside cover, it could just need cleaning. I refitted my new burner and all works just fine.
Phil
So just taken the thermostat knob off and it's split at the bottom and I'm wondering if it wasturning the control up or down? I'm glueing as I spk. What do you think?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sue coulson
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
Phil
What di u think

20240629_090246.jpg

Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
C Class Swift 600FB
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi there. Slightly different issue that I hope you can help with. We have a 2005 Dometic RM7220 3 way fridge that works fine on EHU,12v and gas when its lit, but recently started being hard to light. I would like to service it myself and have read many posts on how to do this but wondered if anyone had any photos?. I've removed the bottom and top grills from outside but it does seem an incredibly small access space , so if anyone has any photos of the process involved that would be great. Many thanks.

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Hi there. Slightly different issue that I hope you can help with. We have a 2005 Dometic RM7220 3 way fridge that works fine on EHU,12v and gas when its lit, but recently started being hard to light. I would like to service it myself and have read many posts on how to do this but wondered if anyone had any photos?. I've removed the bottom and top grills from outside but it does seem an incredibly small access space , so if anyone has any photos of the process involved that would be great. Many thanks.
On mine I just undid the gas supply pipe and the fridge slid out. (after removing the screws round the front of course)

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
I've had problems with my Dometic fridge on gas over the years, I've had various people look at it with varying success.
Last year I took to Dometic own service depot in Tewkesbury, Now Mrs Else complains it works too well, the main body gets down to zero and somethings get a little solid if close to the back fins. They were also cheaper than a lot of people I've paid to look at it and were very quick. They said it hadn't been pull back together correctly and two screws were missing. They are just of the M5 motorway junction. Highly recommended in my book.

Address: Unit 31 Alexandra Way, Tewkesbury GL20 8NB
Phone: 0344 626 0136

• Informative
Reactions: JJ
Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
C Class Swift 600FB
Exp
I'm a newbie
I've had problems with my Dometic fridge on gas over the years, I've had various people look at it with varying success.
Last year I took to Dometic own service depot in Tewkesbury, Now Mrs Else complains it works too well, the main body gets down to zero and somethings get a little solid if close to the back fins. They were also cheaper than a lot of people I've paid to look at it and were very quick. They said it hadn't been pull back together correctly and two screws were missing. They are just of the M5 motorway junction. Highly recommended in my book.

Address: Unit 31 Alexandra Way, Tewkesbury GL20 8NB
Phone: 0344 626 0136
Many thanks for that. Do you know if they took the fridge out or managed to service it through the grills from the outside?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Through the grills, only took 40 minutes, about £122, including new burner and jet.
They quoted me about £160 so I'm not sure they calculated my bill correctly but I didn't argue .

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back