DOGS IN EUROPE (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk Riviera
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
I am sure that I have asked this question before bit I cannot find my post.
There must be people in the same position as us, if so what advice has your vet given you.

I have Casper’s passport with a vets stamp and signature confirming that his blood sample passed the Titre test 8 years ago. I also have his passports with stamps in them (2 passports as the first one is full) proving that he has been kept up to date with his rabies inoculations.
Both our vet and DeFRA helpline ‘think’’ that it will be ok.

You'll be fine so long the boosters have been kept up todate, If a booster has been missed since a blood test was carried out, the pet should be re-prepared accordingly. An entry in section XII of the pet passport must be made to indicate that the titre results are no longer valid for EU entry from unlisted Third Countries. The original blood test result in this section must be crossed out, and a new entry made under ‘in case of a further test'.

Pete

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
I am sure that I have asked this question before bit I cannot find my post.
There must be people in the same position as us, if so what advice has your vet given you.

I have Casper’s passport with a vets stamp and signature confirming that his blood sample passed the Titre test 8 years ago. I also have his passports with stamps in them (2 passports as the first one is full) proving that he has been kept up to date with his rabies inoculations.
Both our vet and DeFRA helpline ‘think’’ that it will be ok.
Does anyone know an different?

Yes that is all you need. One of ours is 8 and like you has all her vaccinations, blood test etc in her first pets passport which is full and so has a new one. We were told by Vet and staff at Eurotunnel to make sure we had BOTH passports with us for her.

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Yes that is all you need. One of ours is 8 and like you has all her vaccinations, blood test etc in her first pets passport which is full and so has a new one. We were told by Vet and staff at Eurotunnel to make sure we had BOTH passports with us for her.

Thank you, that’s just the confirmation I need.

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
We travel to Spain on 2nd April on existing pet passport, just beating new deadline of 11th? Can we have blood test undertaken in Spain to satisfy requirements of re entry into EU in case of a no deal? Head scratcher!!!!!! Accept we are ok to return to uk on current passport.
Jim

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We travel to Spain on 2nd April on existing pet passport, just beating new deadline of 11th? Can we have blood test undertaken in Spain to satisfy requirements of re entry into EU in case of a no deal? Head scratcher!!!!!! Accept we are ok to return to uk on current passport.
Jim

I asked our French vet the same question. She said yes. I didn’t ask her, but I wonder if that would mean yearly inoculations as that is standard in France. I don’t want the chaos of trying to get blood out of Casper, it’s bad enough getting him through the vets door, so I am going to accept the fact that his present paperwork will do the job.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Rang my vet today and just been told if you are travelling before and of August you have left it too late.
Now been told as Rabies was 2 years ago test will prob come back low immune so will need another Rabies. Therefore recommend you get one.
Blood test cannot be done until 30 days after Rabies.
1 to 2 weeks for blood test to come back
Then 3 months before can go abroad.
4.5 months in total
Our hols end July
So looks like screwed in the event of a no deal. All I can do is still and hope for the best hope we have a deal or its delayed past August.
Yes I know I could have got it done earlier but like others been sat waiting.
Outer Hebris looking good atm
Glad ain't got anything booked atm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back