Does anyone have cover for vermin damage with their policy? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I know Comfort and Caravan Guard definitely don’t cover such damage and I’ve asked Comfort and another broker if they can provide such cover with a big No.

Does anyone know if their policy actually covers you if you get damage. I believe it is quite common in cars for mice eating cables & seem to recall the RAC calling 2023 the year of the rat, given the number of calls they got to breakdowns.

May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
No, but we have taken to spraying under the van and engine with the Peppermint deterrant spray before any significant park up now. We did have a visitor in only our first winter, and quickly eradicated it. Preparation beats insurance, as the mess the buggers make would make you not want a van in future. We caught ours quickly in our bi weekly winter checks.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
No, but we have taken to spraying under the van and engine with the Peppermint deterrant spray before any significant park up now. We did have a visitor in only our first winter, and quickly eradicated it. Preparation beats insurance, as the mess the buggers make would make you not want a van in future. We caught ours quickly in our bi weekly winter checks.
Wow! 😳

OP
OP
royandsharont
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Looks like no insurers cover damage by rats & mice then, understandable I suppose

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back