Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
So before I have to fork out for a new alarm system I’d ask you folks . My cobra alarm intermittently goes off ( no real pattern) and shows an error code of 7 flashes (which means I need to take it to an expert ) but has anyone had experience of this and resolved it themselves . I am thinking that disconnecting the battery may reset the system.

Any ideas ?

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
So before I have to fork out for a new alarm system I’d ask you folks . My cobra alarm intermittently goes off ( no real pattern) and shows an error code of 7 flashes (which means I need to take it to an expert ) but has anyone had experience of this and resolved it themselves . I am thinking that disconnecting the battery may reset the system.

Any ideas ?
Nope, you need the vanbitz growler and non starter package👍😁😁
Go on, you know it makes sense🤣🤣🤣🤣

Upvote 0
Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
We have the Cobra on ours and it has a mind of its own. Our main bother is the bonnet plunger switch which sometimes is alright, sometimes not. We had a call from the storage last week telling us it was going off. On disarming it gave three beeps, which means the bonnet switch was activated. It had set perfectly, two beeps when we left it.
I can’t get to the bottom of why the bonnet switch, which is just a plunger that the bonnet pushes down, keeps causing trouble.
I’ve replaced it and it’s simply a plunger and one wire, if it grounds it goes off. Trouble is when you shut the bonnet you can’t see what’s going on.
All the other points are magnetic block triggers or the two movement sensors on the bonnet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
The plunger switches are very common to fail, they are just a sprung metal inside that travels up a sleeve and should only touch when released but usually fail due to the switch not being oush 100% square to travel so they eventually make the smallest of contacts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Nope, you need the vanbitz growler and non starter package👍😁😁
Go on, you know it makes sense🤣🤣🤣🤣
Our Adria had a cobra fitted by the dealer from new. What a pile of &&&&. The Van Bitz lads removed it for free when we had the Growler and immobiliser fitted. They pointed out that it had been powered from the OBD port and could be immobilised in under 10 seconds. The workmanship of cobra fit was another negative. So forget the rest, buy the best and no I'm not on commission either.

Upvote 0

Adtan

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2019
Chadwick end
Funster No
MH
Pilote G720 FC
Exp
Since 2017
I had a cobra alarm same issue called and asked for advice got given the number of an approved workshop they couldn’t work it out either so gave up and took it to van bitz and had it replaced with a strike back growler very happy now it’s much easier to use than the cobra and it works without errors 😊

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back