Do I need a crit air sticker ?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Of course he did😁

I don’t believe in this “tax to pollute “ as I already pay my tax’s and if my vehicle is good enough to pollute the countryside free of charge it’s good enough to pollute the towns and cities….

I’ve traveled tens of thousands of miles and spend near six months a year in Europe for the last 7-8yrs and have been stopped many times a checkpoints and have never been asked about any stickers, and as said even asked them once 🤷🏼‍♂️ I don’t even have a UK sticker…

But I assure everyone I’ll be straight on here when/if I do get asked or fined….😎

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2017
We were told by a family member that lives in France, that if you don't go into major cities you don't need one! They live an hour away from Bordeaux and don't have one on either of their two cars! Last year we were navigating our way past Bordeaux (to visit them) and because of road closures we strayed into a crit aire zone. The satnav flashed up that we were in an enviromental zone and we just panicked!! We didn't get stopped/fined or anything, but for the sake of 5 euros I'll certainly get one for the next trip.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
You won’t need a Crit Air sticker if you stay away from towns and cities that operate zones requiring them. I have one because we might need to enter for a medical or garage emergency - as has happened to us. One might argue it’s an emergency, but does one want to argue that amidst an emergency?
And for under a fiver, why not have one "just in case" . . . .

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Jap Import Nissan4x4
Exp
Semi-newbie to motorhomes
"However, classic cars, which are by definition at least 30 years old, are exempt. This is because they only represent around 0.5% of the vehicles circulating in French cities, and are normally only used occasionally, meaning that they do not make a significant contribution to overall road emissions."

Boom. Mine is a 1993. No sticker needed. Its a CLASSIC! :D

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Can anyone direct me to any links on this matter
WB

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I don’t believe in this “tax to pollute “ as I already pay my tax’s and if my vehicle is good enough to pollute the countryside free of charge it’s good enough to pollute the towns and cities….

I’ve traveled tens of thousands of miles and spend near six months a year in Europe for the last 7-8yrs and have been stopped many times a checkpoints and have never been asked about any stickers, and as said even asked them once 🤷🏼‍♂️ I don’t even have a UK sticker…

But I assure everyone I’ll be straight on here when/if I do get asked or fined….😎
The trouble is if they stop you, you will not have a leg to stand on. :LOL: :LOL:

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
We will be spending a couple of weeks in France this year (a bit down the east border and the travelling from the south east to north west and then along the northern coast . We do not go into major towns and avoid toll roads .

Would we still need a crit air sticker in you opinion?

Even if you think you won't need one, you could end up on a detour or need to visit a city for a repair or spare part. They're so cheap, anyway.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Can anyone direct me to any links on this matter
WB

Here is the only official website;

You can change the language to English. Please don't use any other site than this one, as there are some scam sites out there.

Once you've ordered one, you get a confirmation email, which you can use if the sticker doesn't turn up in time for your trip.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!