Do French Police stop more Motorhomes on a Sunday or it an urban myth (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Are other Funsters like us, preferring to do our 'big' driving in a weekend, when all but the fresh produce artics are off the road.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
Sunday pm is the favourite day/time for 'Documentation Checks' after people have had a good lunch and convivial afternoon with friends and family and maybe a little to much bonhomie.

The Gendarmes' frequently pay our village a visit on Sunday afternoons and occupy the Cross Road in the village to carry out the aforesaid Document Check and maybe a Breathalyser Test for Monsieur............

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Are other Funsters like us, preferring to do our 'big' driving in a weekend, when all but the fresh produce artics are off the road.
Along with plenty of others allowed to be on the roads.

perishable produce or refrigerated produce, trucks servicing sporting events or trade fairs, and also fuel, air cargo and essential product movements. As well as live animal transport.
I'm always amazed at how many are still actually on the roads

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Sunday pm is the favourite day/time for 'Documentation Checks' after people have had a good lunch and convivial afternoon with friends and family and maybe a little to much bonhomie.

The Gendarmes' frequently pay our village a visit on Sunday afternoons and occupy the Cross Road in the village to carry out the aforesaid Document Check and maybe a Breathalyser Test for Monsieur............
That would suit us fine as it is unlikely Monsieur would be driving😉

Upvote 0
May 13, 2024
Lancshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Axess
Exp
Caravan since 1983 - Motorhome since 1997
I think that police forces in just about every country have their peculiar little 'foibles' with regard to checking certain vehicle types.

I have it on good authority that the British police are very keen on checking any 'white vans' on the move after midnight. A fellow musician, who drives a little white van, in which he carries all his gear, was returning from a gig recently and was pulled over.

He told me that it was not the first time, and that one particular officer had told him that white-van-man on the move after the witching hour were prime targets for police patrols.

So, I suppose the French police may have a similar penchant with regard to British motorhomes on Sundays ?

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back