Rally Chat Disappointing Warners Norwich show (1 Viewer)

Mar 24, 2023
Holmes Chapel, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix
Exp
Since 2010
Very disappointed with the Norwich show. The MH Fun pitch was not in a good location right next to the food court, lots of food smells and generator noise. The ground was recently mowed but the cut long grass left on the pitches, went everywhere in the motorhome (we were the only section on the whole of the site to suffer this, have Warners got something against MH Fun as the ground at Newbury wasn't very good either?). The facilities were pants, 3 showers for lots of people, 6 toilets that mostly didn't flush. Where were the banks of portable showers and toilets that are normally at these shows?

Still the entertainment was OK.

Look forward to a better Lincoln Show later in the year.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A couple of people said it was not the best position, but others said it was great. One Funster commented to me that they didn't book with us because they thought we'd be a long way from the show like we were last year, but he noted this year we were closer to the show than the disabled section he booked with.

This is the person to complain to sallyd@warnersgroup.co.uk

Norfolk Nige

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 4, 2021
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Wiensberg
Exp
Caravanning since 1980, saw the light in 2020
I thought it was fine, close to the show and the food, which stopped serving at around 8.30 so not a problem. It was near enough for me to get to the loo and the shower with my mobility scooter. Iā€™ll give you the grass was a bit of a mess, but considering the rain we had it was not a problem getting off. It didnā€™t cost much for 4 nights and we had some great neighbours to chat to, so what was the problem

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The ground was recently mowed but the cut long grass left on the pitches, went everywhere in the motorhome

This is a common problem at showgrounds and CLs. Lots of people hate those grass bits that get everywhere. . We do too, well, SiĆ¢n does. Which is why we always carry a folding grass rake. The only issue you'll find with one of these is that every one of your neighbours will want to borrow it :D
Folding Grass Rake

OP
OP
bryanuk
Mar 24, 2023
Holmes Chapel, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix
Exp
Since 2010
A couple of people said it was not the best position, but others said it was great. One Funster commented to me that they didn't book with us because they thought we'd be a long way from the show like we were last year, but he noted this year we were closer to the show than the disabled section he booked with.

This is the person to complain to sallyd@warnersgroup.co.uk
I don't think we could have been further away from the entertainment and no easy access out of the pen! I have complained to Warners

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I don't think we could have been further away from the entertainment

I didn't go over there but if this map is right, we were one of the closer groups to the entertainment. Plenty were much further away than us.

1690318235476.png

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Well we thought the MHF plot was spot on ok the cut grass is a problem if you donā€™t carry a folding grass rake, near the show šŸ‘ near food šŸ‘ next door to the entertainment Big TopšŸ‘ and our van has a shower and a toilet so that works for us.
Any more than that you would have to look at a hotelšŸ‘

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
I didnā€™t go this time but looking at that map the funster area seems quite central to everything. One year we were up near the King George Gate (top of map) and last year we were to the left of it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back