Rally Chat Dipping a toe in the water about New Year (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
There is a possibility I have found a new venue that we could use for a New Year rally only a few miles from home so just to the west of Ipswich. All hard standing, (gravel), lovely room. About a mile from the nearest pub, but they have a bar that may be open some of the time for their own members but not NYE as staffing is so expensive. No electric hook up though. If enough demand we could look at a large quiet genny with distribution from a local events company. I have not got a price yet for any of it, but my question is, would people be interested in coming East. It's less than a mile from the A14. I think it will take about 30 vans so 60-70 heads but would need to work that out more precisely if things look promising.

I have asked them to consider the 27th December to 2nd January. It may fall flat if the committee reject the idea, but I would like some idea if I am wasting my, and the potential venues time.

Please note this is not starting an attendee list. If this goes ahead I will launch it at a specific time and date as usual and the first however many responses will get in and we then have a reserve list. Being on this list will not give any precedence if it goes ahead. Equally at this point I cannot give any idea of cost.

Please just reply if of interest.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
No need for a Bar either, we provided our own drinks, food and entertainment every year at Stratford after all, and it was all good.
I would like many others be very grateful to have an escape venue over New Year, really missed it last couple of years, plus the company was as usual great too.(y)
Best Wishes, hope something transpires from your efforts.
Les & TinaL

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
The problem is most people assume we are part of the traveller community. It's not easy to get past that thinking. Then when you mention MotorhomeFun they think the worst. And assume we are a riotous lot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
meanders

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Could well be interested, Ipswich is far for me
Long time since I went to Canvey Island. In the early 80's we lived in South Woodham Ferrers as I was working in Basildon so knew Canvey quite well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back