Digital Oil Level & Overfilling (13 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 13, 2013
Leics.
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Since 2000
I have been attempting to find the digital oil level display on my 2 month old motorhome.
I have downloaded the Fiat Handbook from the Resources section, which states that the oil level is displayed each time you start the engine. Mine doesn't?
I have even checked that I don't have a physical dipstick.
Looks like a call to the dealer.

While reading the handbook I was interested to note that after topping up the oil, 0.2 ltrs at a time, that you have to reset the digital display before adding any more.
I have seen posts where people have overfilled the engine, but no one seems to have mentioned resetting the display.
Could this be why people are overfilling?

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I have been attempting to find the digital oil level display on my 2 month old motorhome.
I have downloaded the Fiat Handbook from the Resources section, which states that the oil level is displayed each time you start the engine. Mine doesn't?
The oil level was displayed at start up on my 2019 Ducato but on my 2024 Series 9 you have to call up the information on the display. I think you may be looking at the older handbook, there is a newer one out for the Series 8 and 9. This link should take you to the newer handbook. The display explanation starts on page 82.

Lenny HB ’s explanation is easier to follow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back