Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
On the Newhaven Dieppe ferry landing late afternoon in January, has anyone parked up with a 5 m trailer on the back of the van for the night in the local area.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
On the Newhaven Dieppe ferry landing late afternoon in January, has anyone parked up with a 5 m trailer on the back of the van for the night in the local area.
Not with a trailer on Mike, but we have parked up at the big Auchan, and overnighted with other MHs, at the far end of the car park near the filling station. Loads of room, and we had a quiet night.

There are 2 x Aires at Dieppe, one of which is closest to the ferry port, is the one we used to meet up with friends on the return trip.

HTH,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Mikeco
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I’ve looked at the aires but with the trailer will be 11 m long so might be difficult and even frowned upon. There is a Camping Carparks one about 35 miles away which does have the motorhome and trailer symbol so that might have to do.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138 Compact
Exp
Since 2017
Try this freebee. 10 minutes or so from Dieppe terminal. Quiet and clean.
Screenshot_20240914_164658_park4night.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We stayed at Belleville sur Mer a few nights ago (10 mins from Dieppe) Espace Cultural as recommended by Lenny HB. 49.9518900,1.1683900. large gravel hard standing. Quite a few vans with us. Very quiet and free.
We will be there Wedensday night.

Apr 1, 2024
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
Lots of half way decent eateries at Dieppe Auchan I had an all you can eat Chinese buffet there last Tuesday. It is almost opposite MacDonalds.

I doubt you would have any difficulties using the Aire near the ferry. It has automated barriers so there is nobody around to object to your trailer. On my three visits I have never known it completely full. All the more so, I suspect, in January! It does have the advantage of any easy walk into Dieppe centre.

P.S. I think it unlikely that the Colbert Bridge will be back in action by the time you travel so there is a footbridge only from the ferry side into the town centre. Maybe they will have the bridge back in commission by my next visit late April but I am not holding my breath!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2020
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Hi MIkeco

We are almost 9m, plus a 4m trailer with trike and have used the Aire Dieppe La Mane site near the ferry terminal 4 times without any problems. If you drive right to the end of the Aire, through the second opening, you will see that they have back to back bays which can be used / are used by longer vehicles.

Hope this helps

Apr 1, 2024
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
It was ok when it was €7 its now £17.
Actually it is now 18 Euros!! (There is also a "splash and dash" facility which from memory is 8 Euros for 6 hours.)

I may not use it in future but given my long journey from Bolton to Newhaven (5 hours) to catch the 5:00 p.m ferry it has had merit in the past. In July I was due on a campsite at 14:00 and so took the opportunity for a mooch around Dieppe Centre and to shop at the Carrefour having arrived there at 22:30.

P.S. Do they reduce the price for the winter months?

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
No plans the boss muttered about South West corner of Spain depends on what interesting places we find, don't do planning.
Lenny,
You probably know it far better than me but I liked Le Crotoy as a base for a couple of days. There is an Aire slap bang next to the marina which I did not know about and so I was at a campsite being then new to all this. Not as exotic or likely as warm as South West Spain but given that your plans are fluid it may be worth a couple of days of your time.

It is in any event worth a mention more generally as a site that is within striking distance of Dieppe on an earlyish ferry. Google maps say 1 hour 20 minutes from the ferry. I think I might head there off the ferry on my next planned trip late April 25. I have yet to work out how the payment system at that Aire works but the barrier will lift to let me in and I can pay and exit once I have figured out how to get out!!!

Attached photos were taken very end of July 2024 so obviously a busy holiday time.

20240726_174452.jpg

20240726_170602.jpg

20240726_174429.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Lenny,
You probably know it far better than me but I liked Le Crotoy as a base for a couple of days. There is an Aire slap bang next to the marina which I did not know about and so I was at a campsite being then new to all this. Not as exotic or likely as warm as South West Spain but given that your plans are fluid it may be worth a couple of days of your time.
Been to Le Croty a few times there is also another Aire behind the sand dunes to the north of the town about 20min walk to town.
Did you notice the plac denoting where Joan of Arc was imprisioned.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back