Devon Aztec XL Fiat comfortmatic. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Motorhomeless
Exp
14 years with an RV
I have just been to view the above PVC, I must admit, I was quite impressed, with the layout and the drive. Have any of you out there, got any pros or cons to enlighten me please?

I have had US RV's for the last 14 years, and have sold our most recent one. Due to age and circumstances we are now downsizing, quite a bit, and wondered if any of you could give any thoughts on a Devon Aztec XL auto please?

Craig

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning šŸ˜Š
I cannot comment on the XL or the auto Fiat BUT, I had a 6m Aztec for a few years and it was superb.

It's a solid, basic van. Does not have the shiny frills of many 'mainstream' models but (at the time) it was half the price of the more well-known brands. Only sold because I hated the manual gearbox and it was too big for one.

Nothing ever broke, felt it was well-build with decent materials. Probably the biggest problem was that I found the long lounge seats spectacularly uncomfortable to sleep on, something I never really resolved regardless of what toppers I tried to use.

The two big under-seat lockers held masses of stuff but the doors on the front of both were small in relation to their capacity and the only way to easily get stuff out was to tip up the seats and access from the top. Even with gas struts it was a cumbersome procedure (for me) because the seat cushions were so big & heavy. I once had a slip-up when lifting up a seat base, it fell back before the struts kicked in and landed on my other hand - the resulting bruising was not pretty, incredibly painful and more than a little frightening.

Any other niggles I might have had are purely personal and subjective (for instance, although I like to cook when I'm away, I did not need an oven AND a grill AND four rings ...)

If Peter made a 5.4m long baby-Aztec I'd be very tempted.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
There will be lots of comments re the comformatic gearbox quite soon....... Check out other threads relating to this gearbox!

We've had ours (on a fiat) for three years almost and had the gearbox service carried out at Adams Morley last year and will have it done again next year. It's been absolutely fine and the vehicle is now coming up to be six years old. Having the gearbox service carried out every couple of years seems to be the way to avoid expensive repairs, but by reading the other threads on the comformatic you will understand why.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back