Degrees of inclination. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
What do you all think is an acceptable amount of inclination before using ramps? Where we are parked right now, we have 2.2 degrees forward and 2.2 degrees to the right according to my bubble level on the phone but we don't notice it inside the van. I have read that the fridges, when using gas, don't work so well if not completely level. Any thoughts?

OP
OP
Barriesimpson
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
We put a bottle of wine on the counter if it rolls off before I can catch I get the ramps out......... results are sketchy if we have consumed the first bottle on arrival :oops:
The times you don't catch it must make an awful mess. Who cleans that up? especially as you say, if it's the second bottle :LOL:

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
But what about extra time? Turning the van every 15 minutes :unsure:

And penalties :eek: Do we have to turn it after each one :rofl:
I think difficult questions like that are above my pay grade!

Are you telling me, that when there's a penalty shootout ( whatever that is) they used the same goal?
Who decides which one, it seems a bit unfair to the side, and the supporters of the team whose support is behind the other goal? 🤔

Upvote 0

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
But what about extra time? Turning the van every 15 minutes :unsure:

And penalties :eek: Do we have to turn it after each one :rofl:
Well this is theoretically impossible...because I generally have my eyes tightly closed during extra time, and hide behind the bathroom door during penalties....🥴

Upvote 0

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Well this is theoretically impossible...because I generally have my eyes tightly closed during extra time, and hide behind the bathroom door during penalties....🥴
JUDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH!!!!! :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

I'm told the England team used to do something similar when they took the penalties.
Southgate has persuaded them to keep their eyes open! 😄

Upvote 0

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I was surprised on a pitch at Hawes, that my fridge did stop working, and levelling with ramps didn't work.
Driving forwards on to the pitch did.
I presume the nose down attitude of the van is greater than it appears

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
The 3 way fridges have been surprisingly unfussy but what we do try to do is arrange it is so that the blasted shower drains. That has been much more of a pain on the last 2x IHs . The Fiat is very nose down and the single plug hole was to the rear.

We didn’t check in the new van so will soon see.

Upvote 0
May 21, 2019
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance
Exp
Since 2015
What do you all think is an acceptable amount of inclination before using ramps? Where we are parked right now, we have 2.2 degrees forward and 2.2 degrees to the right according to my bubble level on the phone but we don't notice it inside the van. I have read that the fridges, when using gas, don't work so well if not completely level. Any thoughts?
As some others have said 3 deg is about the limit, this is both on gas and EHU. It's because the refrigerant solution relies on gravity after being heated to return it to the lower chamber . The pic below shows the gentle sloping in the pipework found at the rear of the fridge to achieve this, restricting the flow causes the solution to linger, overheat and solidify in the boiler area. As well as reducing the fridge's performance, these deposits can eventually block the circuit and render the fridge useless.

norcold-cooling-unit.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
I always 'level' it so the water will run off the roof on the opposite side to the habitation door so usually down o/s/f, I've even parked with 2 wheels on kerb in a layby and no fridge problems

Upvote 0
May 21, 2019
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance
Exp
Since 2015
I always 'level' it so the water will run off the roof on the opposite side to the habitation door so usually down o/s/f, I've even parked with 2 wheels on kerb in a layby and no fridge problems
The critical vehicle level is from front to rear if the fridge is installed with its back facing the side of the van (which nearly all are for ventilation ) not so much side to side. The fact that you don't notice a problem doesn't mean that no damage is being done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Reminds me of the rivalry in an orchestra between the violinists and the viola players. The line goes:

Q:“How can you tell if the stage is level?”
A: “If the drool is running out of the side of the viola players’/ violinists’ mouths.”

(Depends on which is telling the joke). 🙂

I’ll get my coat.m

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back