Degrees of inclination. (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
What do you all think is an acceptable amount of inclination before using ramps? Where we are parked right now, we have 2.2 degrees forward and 2.2 degrees to the right according to my bubble level on the phone but we don't notice it inside the van. I have read that the fridges, when using gas, don't work so well if not completely level. Any thoughts?

Oct 21, 2021
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Mutsubis fuso/canter
Exp
5 years
I have a compressor fridge, so no issues there.
I sleep according to direction of "fall" both north/ south and east / west
As long as my head is higher then my feet... its all good.
I would probably look at leveling if I had to use climbing ropes to get from one end of the motorhome to the other tho. (y)

Upvote 0
May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
What do you all think is an acceptable amount of inclination before using ramps? Where we are parked right now, we have 2.2 degrees forward and 2.2 degrees to the right according to my bubble level on the phone but we don't notice it inside the van. I have read that the fridges, when using gas, don't work so well if not completely level. Any thoughts?
You can measure that accurately with an app? 🤣🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
We check that the water can drain from the sink. We've got E&P self levellers which we use virtually everywhere because our van sits naturally nose down. They also stop the bounce when you walk about and will keep the van rock steady in the strongest of gales ;)

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Never used levellers. Never had a problem with a fridge in MH, nor boat - which also did not use levellers. :LOL:

Have you lot heard of non-slip mats? Whole roll cheap as chips.

We use sheets of it to line the bottom of cupboards to stop things slipping together and rattling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I think you will find that Dometic/Thetford fridges are ok up to 3 degrees of tilt

This has always intrigued me because, I have had 2, three way fridges, Electrolux ( I think) (1 in the VeeDub and another in the Murvi) and I've never had the problem of it not working whatever the angle.

I have to admit, I do like my feet slightly higher than my head for sleeping, wherever possible, would that make a difference? 🤔

Upvote 0

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We are slightly inclined to remain on the level 🤭 last nights Aire (Camperstop) prohibited the use of such items...and have worded the rules in a way that cannot be interpreted differently..both in Spanish and English...
Only the wheels should be in contact with the ground, it states....therefore being near perfect and considerate motorhomers, we parked, ate and slept on the Tilt...we slept well, woke fresh, fridge performed as expected at 2.75° incline...nothing rolled off plates or tables or any other surface...and Spain beat Germany...which is partly due to my TV being 2.75°...

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
We are slightly inclined to remain on the level 🤭 last nights Aire (Camperstop) prohibited the use of such items...and have worded the rules in a way that cannot be interpreted differently..both in Spanish and English...
Only the wheels should be in contact with the ground, it states....therefore being near perfect and considerate motorhomers, we parked, ate and slept on the Tilt...we slept well, woke fresh, fridge performed as expected at 2.75° incline...nothing rolled off plates or tables or any other surface...and Spain beat Germany...which is partly due to my TV being 2.75°...
Did you turn the van around when they changed ends in the second half or was the goal in the second half?

You can tell I'm really interested in football can't you? 😄

Upvote 0

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Just a holiday supporter then, a real supporter would turn their van around in case they needed assistance.

What would happen if the assistant was needed in the last 2 minutes? 😄
OK....I report back later, as my second team is playing tonight...if I can help to secure a victory, I'll be that man...🤔🇪🇦

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back