Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
A question for you M/C enthusiasts.

Why do most motorcycles have all their mechanical 'guts' on display? [I know some have fairings]

Most vehicle manufacturers try to hide the 'guts' with body-styling, so why not motorcycles?
I think mostly it's because bike engines are generally air cooled so in the old days had to be open to the elements.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
TOP BOX??? aaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ruins the looks ,
I know i know, but as stated i hate carting my stuff about when i get to a destination.
In some other countrys i've had bikes, Spain, UAE, one didn't need to lock your gear up.
Needs and wants must.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Have a look at the sw-motech Legend soft panniers rather than top box, they look much better and don't stick out much đź‘Ś
Had a quick look but it would appear nothing really suited to the R12 as yet, it being a relatively new model. Will look closer later.
And, the top box proposed serves as a back rest for the odd occasions HRH wants to come along.
I have agreed a top box does spoil the looks but sometimes one has to do what one feels is right.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A question for you M/C enthusiasts.

Why do most motorcycles have all their mechanical 'guts' on display? [I know some have fairings]

Most vehicle manufacturers try to hide the 'guts' with body-styling, so why not motorcycles?
It's a man thing plus what Bob said.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back